VOGONS

3DBENCH CPU Benchmark Database

Topic actions

First post, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I apologise for not looking after this project more than I did. I was pretty good initially but then life does its thing and you don't have the time anymore 😒

So I put my latest copy of the spreadsheet on Google docs. I hope I got the permissions right. Anyone with this link below should be able to edit the spreadsheet!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0 … QjdBV2ZqWnVzQkE

Quick Start

1. Make a DOS boot disk (Right click on a:, select format and tick "Make startup disk"
2. Unzip and copy the attached file (3dbench.zip) onto your boot disk
3. Boot from your bootdisk
4. Type 3DBENCH.BAT if you have a 486 or slower or type 3DBENCH2.BAT if you have a Pentium or higher. On Slot 1 machines enter FASTVID.BAT before you run 3DBENCH2.BAT*
5. Use blows template to post your results (Just like the example, no spaces please it will make importing the data much easier for me)

* FASTVID unlocks video performance on Slot 1 machines

Rules

This is mostly a CPU benchmark, although the choice of video card (especially the Graphics Bus) does have an impact.

CPUs are grouped into "Mainboard classes". Anything goes. If you use a upgrade chip in a 386 board, the results will go into the "386 Mainboard class".

Same goes for Slot 1 adapters.

Template for posting results:

Please no spaces, as this will make importing the data much easier for me!

CPU Brand-CPU Type-Bus Clock-Multiplier-CPU Clock-Mainboard Brand-Mainboard Model-Chipset-Mainboard Cache-Graphics Bus-Graphics Card-Graphics Memory-Tester-Score

Example:

Intel-Pentium-66-1.5-100-Aopen-AX59 Pro-VIA MVP3-1MB-AGP-Geforce MX440-64MB-Mau1wurf1977-100

Attachments

• Filename
        3dbench.zip
        File size
        361.85 KiB
        Downloads
        1545 downloads
        File comment
        Includes 3DBENCH version 1.0 and 1.0c and two .BAT files for easy launching. Also includes FASTVID for unlocking video performance on Slot 1 machines. Make a DOS boot disk and unzip these files onto A:
        File license
        Fair use/fair dealing exception
      Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2012-07-09, 13:55. Edited 11 times in total.

Reply 1 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

The image is cut off at the right side. It's best to right click and open it in a new tab or save it onto your computer.

3dbenchdatabase.png

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2013-12-30, 22:38. Edited 17 times in total.

Reply 3 of 296, by retro games 100

User metadata
      Rank l33t
      Rank
      l33t

Awesome! 😎 Well done.

(Please note that a score by Amigaz may be incorrectly entered in to your database table above. I think that the 3rd value is incorrect.)

Edit: Table has been updated - new entry added. 😀

Last edited by retro games 100 on 2010-10-04, 07:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

Hmm I can't find it. What cpu and bus clock is it?

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
      My YouTube channel

Reply 5 of 296, by retro games 100

User metadata
      Rank l33t
      Rank
      l33t
      Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Sorry, I was looking at the Commodore PC-50 II values by Amigaz -

CPU: Intel 386SX 16 mhz
      Mainboard: Commodore unknown model/chipset
      Amount of RAM: 5mb
      Amount of L2 Cache: n/a
      Video card: Tseng ET4000 1mb ISA
      3dbench score: 5.0

Perhaps this info has not been entered in to your DB yet?

Reply 6 of 296, by keropi

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

I still wonder why my p200mmx+riva128 scored ~49,3 or something with 3Dbench 1.0 ...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++
      keropi wrote:

I still wonder why my p200mmx+riva128 scored ~49,3 or something with 3Dbench 1.0 ...

I answered this in the other thread but it might have gotten lost...

Short answer: Use 3Dbench 1.0c for Pentium and higher. You can get it from the files I attached on my first post in this thread!

Long answer:

keropi wrote:

wow... just tried 3Dbench with my p200mmx and I get 49.2 ..???!?!?! way too low and the machine is fast in games like Blood @1024*768 ... maybe some petium conflict? the benchmark completes in ~2 secs btw...

Sorry just now saw your post!

This is because version 1.0 doesn't work well on Pentium and faster. Version 1.0c should be used on Pentiums and faster.

However 1.0c has issues on really slow machines (results are way to high)...

I am working on a nice sheet and will get a 3dbench database going! It should be good. I am currently entering all the data from this thread and then we can go nuts with benching!

Watch the space!

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2010-10-04, 07:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++
      retro games 100 wrote:
      Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Sorry, I was looking at the Commodore PC-50 II values by Amigaz -

Maybe I am seeing things... But it's the first entry under "386 Mainboard class", right at the very top of the table.

The results are sorted by Benchmark Score in ascending order.

Reply 9 of 296, by Amigaz

User metadata
      Rank Oldbie
      Rank
      Oldbie

My GA-486TA mobo uses SiS chipset, so does the Everex and Asus 386 mobo too 😀
      Stason.org and all other hw sites are wrong at say the GA mobo has OPTI chipset

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 11 of 296, by keropi

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

ah, thanks Mau1wurf1977 , will submit my "good" pentium scores too 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 12 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++
      Amigaz wrote:

Ha that's where I got it from.

I have updated my sheet, but won't upload it right away. I might upload the database once a day before I hit the sack.

EDIT: I think I will add line numbers, so it will be easier to communicate 😀

Reply 13 of 296, by Amigaz

User metadata
      Rank Oldbie
      Rank
      Oldbie
      Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
      Ha that's where I got it from. […]
      Show full quote
      Amigaz wrote:

Ha that's where I got it from.

I have updated my sheet, but won't upload it right away. I might upload the database once a day before I hit the sack.

EDIT: I think I will add line numbers, so it will be easier to communicate 😀

Arighty 😀

Going to come up with some more results from some 486 machines later...

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 14 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

Line numbers added!

So it's easier to fix stuff...

My YouTube channel

Reply 15 of 296, by keropi

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

will I overcome boredom and post results from my 1.4ghz pIII/voodoo5 ? do you need this kind of results?

Reply 16 of 296, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
      Rank l33t++
      Rank
      l33t++

There is fps limit of 999. Your machine will likely be too fast 😀

My YouTube channel

Reply 19 of 296, by aitotat

User metadata
      Rank Member
      Rank

The VLB Graphics Card I used for testing has 2 (not 3) MiB RAM (386 table lines 3, 9 and 11). Only the ISA card has 3 MiB.
      Can you make background color a bit darker for every other line? It would make the tables more readable.