VOGONS

Common searches

Lara home-3

Topic actions

First post, by Antonijadis

User metadata

Hay!

This is Lara home as I see it. I hope you like it. Please write your comment.

P.s.

Why Paul did not answer at e-mail ?

Attachments

• Filename
    Lara home.zip
    File size
    3.66 MiB
    Downloads
    2949 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 69, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great job Antonijadis! Very clean graphics and a lot of careful attention to detail. You must have spent hours and hours working on those little pieces that make up the view from the windows! I particularly like the armour. Very impressive work - well done!

Reply 8 of 69, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Antonijadis! What a suprise! 😀 Your textures are beautiful! I like the room with swimming pool the best. Though IMO some textures should be closer to original (for example the ceiling in first room is completely different). I hope this is not the last word from you. Keep up the good work.

Did you guys think about uniting your efforts and working together on retexturing project? It would be great!

EDIT: yeah, the outdoors looks very nice compared to original which was extremely ugly.

Last edited by Zebius on 2005-07-02, 13:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 9 of 69, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, impressive work Antonijadis! Honestly, I'm not sure it suits perfectly the original feeling of the mansion, it looks more like a custom level to me. But it's nevertheless much better than my own effort (which I didn't find the time to complete yet). In particular, your retexturing of the exteriors is excellent, considering how messy the original was 😀

Great job.

Reply 10 of 69, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, some textures are different, but I hope that I fix that in future. Right now I'll try to rearrange the "St. Francis' Folly", but I don't forget yours suggestions. Please keep wrote all objections that you find.
P.S.
What address shall I use to contact Paul for Glidos registration?

Reply 12 of 69, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You have no Glidos reg 😳 We must fix that. I'll contact you by private message. 😁

By the way, the current version of Glidos supports a more convenient layout for texture packs. You can have a mapping file which maps the strange fodler names to nicer ones that you can chose. When Matthew next releases a pack, that will be an example, but until then I will see if I can place a link here to the thread where it is all explained.

Reply 16 of 69, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finally!! No more logo.Thanks!!! Anyway, here is one peace of next level. Small texture are little problem, butt all of that will be fine. This job ask lot of time.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Filename
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    File size
    41.42 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 18 of 69, by Guest

User metadata

I think what you guys should do is faithfully recreate the original TR levels completely in TR4 (with some possible geometry/object changes just to take advantage of the far better engine), and use the Tomb Raider 4 mesh.

When you guys remake the levels and have them looking so much spazzier, it kinda cheapens the effect to have a very aged blocky 1996 era Lara model within those good graphics. You know what I'm saying?

Reply 19 of 69, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sure 😀

But if you were hanging around the Level Editor community as much as I've been, you'd know this has already been tempted and half-done by other builders. Importing the levels from TR1 into TRLE is not trivial; you actually need a third-party editor called TRE3D for that. The real issue is that it would be illegal to distribute the converted levels because, basically, this is still TR1 you would be offering for free.

Glidos allows to retexture the original levels without the need to distribute them, since everyone running TR1 via Glidos is supposed to have an original copy of the game.