VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

@ADDiCT: I think a "collected" thread would still need enough keywords for a search to turn it up, which is more-or-less already taken care of with the "scattered" threads. I should probably set up a hosted page somewhere, and could then include some unposted stuff as well.

Reply 21 of 25, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

resurrecting this, sorry, but could this be added in anyway to the main Dosbox? I totally forgot that there exists a ripsaw-to-the-rescue-fix-file and nagged elsewhere that this is still not working in dosbox... 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 25, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No, there is no earthquake in SI and no static/snowy thing in the intro

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 24 of 25, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ripsaw, I noticed that your fix introduces a very annoying noise in the intro of Ultima 7 when you've set the sound card to SB or SB Pro in the installation.
Dosbox SB settings at default, cycles 11000, ems false, xms true, in the installer chose Soundblaster or Soundblaster Pro, start u7fx, watch the intro. For best result, turn off music and sound effects in game. With music enabled the noise is not present but the music is sounding a little bit off.

(SVN seems to have messed up SB in Ultima 7, though. Will need to see if I can find the culprit! Edit: culprit is me, did something on compile time, that messes Dosbox up)

Reply 25 of 25, by rolloLG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote:

I made a small loader program that waits for retrace before the scroll functions are called; and also patches INTRO.EXE in memory to use its code segment instead of the system BIOS segment for the white noise effect, which creates a more "snowy" result in DOSBox. Simply run the program in the folder where U7 is installed. Source code is included in the attached archive.

Again, thank you!