Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned rat

Topic actions

Reply 58 of 65, by aqrit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tested it and it works on Win7 x64
here is how ->

Extract the batch file to someplace easy to find (like to C:\ )
Open the start menu
in the "search programs and files" field, type:
%windir%\sysWOW64\cmd.exe (but don't press enter)
right-click on the now shown cmd.exe and select "run as admininistrator"
at the command prompt type C:\whshr.bat (assuming the batch file is at "C:\whshr.bat" )

once installed
right-click on whshr.exe and select properties
set compatibility mode to "windows 95"
set the 256-colors
set 640x480 resolution
( those compatibility settings could be set by the batch file if I ever update it )

I've ported the "fixed" color and animated cursors from Dark Omen to SOTHR if your interested see http://www.aqrit.cjb.net
(edit: cursor colors turn out garbled on Win7 x64 but it works on Win7 x86)

http://en.dark-omen.org/ is an active fan-site for pretty much anything from the Warhammer Universe Strategy Collection

have fun

Reply 59 of 65, by testownik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ive installed WSHR on Windows 7 x64, installed by batch file, copied .dll - and the game is working almost correctly. Almost, because in-game everything is doing good, every picture, animation, except... battle view. Ive got map (that in right-top corner), units control panel, units information panel, but the battle scene window is simply whole black. I cannot see fight. However, it IS possible to play like this, though, but, err...
Does anyone know what should I do? Is it hardware [notebook, dell inspiron N5110] or software problem? Reinstall would solve the problem?

Reply 60 of 65, by aqrit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

what .dll did you copy to where??

sounds like a problem with RenderMorphics/RealityLab stuff.
make sure you have a "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\RL\SOFTF.DLL"
and a "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\RL\SOFT\RLFRM256.DLL"

Reply 61 of 65, by testownik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wing32.dll to DLL game folder and to Windows\SysWOW64 (Maybe WINDOWS\system32 I`m not sure now). I ll try your advices when I got some more time, if still dont work I think Ill just give it up ;P

Anyway, thanks.

Reply 62 of 65, by Arneal79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have followed all your steps, and it does not seem to be installing correctly. My disk is corrupted, so the A1.SI file will not install from the disk. Because of this, I cannot install the game from the disk. I tried using an install from that site you mentioned, but it doesn't seem to work either. I have a working A1.SI file that I got from someone, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the disk, nor the copied version of it, to install the game correctly. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I just want my game to work...

Reply 65 of 65, by Arneal79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did that following all the steps in your post, but when i launch the game, it tells me its missing a bunch of dll, pal, and other file types. i just dont know what im doing wrong. 🤣.