VOGONS

First post, by pete.d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Currently we have an initial recompile of DOSBox running on ARM/Windows RT (Surface RT and other tablets):

XkK3P.jpg

According to the guy who ported it,

Also, fun fact, DosBox and SDL run from within an appcontainer, this could be run from a non-jailbroken WinRT tablet.

Would the DOSBox developers consider releasing an official fully-functional supported port that we can download with confidence and use to run our beloved DOS games on our RT tablets, please? I'm sure lots of people would be highly grateful for this.

Reply 1 of 6, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No! That's what SVN builds are for, besides I highly doubt your administer wants you playing games, I mean who would be stupid enough to but such a fucking terrible product as a windows 8 tablet.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 2 of 6, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First, the developers would need a Windows RT device, otherwise they would not be able to put their official stamp of approval on a program they could not compile or test. If that happens, perhaps they will survey interest.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 3 of 6, by weddi_eddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think it would vastly benefit Windows RT and Windows 8 if you could create a Windows Store App or DosBox that had a very nice interface to it. So... How can I get a developer a Windows RT device?

Reply 5 of 6, by weddi_eddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

But of course. The only problem with Windows RT is that you are limited to the Windows App store. I'm not sure how developers can play around with one.

I may be in the market for a new Windows tablet and I may be willing to part with my RT tablet. It's an ASUS VivoTab. As MS seem bent on their app store, I think DosBox would be a very nice addition to portable tablet play of the classics.