VOGONS

Common searches

Android: how to access & edit DOSBOX.CONF ? (newbie question)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by ws

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I am new here and would be very grateful for some help.

Via dosbox.com I found this BBS and i hope I am at the correct place here to ask my question:

I need to run an old DOS application on my Android Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2). From the appstore I installed AnDOSBox. It starts without problem. But for my DOS software I need to add a line "FCBS=250" in the DOS start file "config.sys"

AnDOSBox says one can edit it's config file "dosbox.conf" in
/sdcard/dosbox.conf

When in Android I click at (German): "Eigene Dateien" (I guess in English it is s.th. like "My own files") it shows directories and files in:

/scdard

The list has directories as:

Android
app-data
Attachments
bluetooth
DCIM
download

etc.

and at the end it has the file dosbox.conf

BUT:
when I push it ("click" it) there comes a message - I try to translate into English - "Open file. No application can execute this action" (German: "Datei öffnen. Keine Anwendung kann diese Aktion ausführen").

So my question is: How can I edit the dosbox.conf in my Android mobile phone?

I would be VERY grateful for some help!

Tia Werner

Reply 7 of 10, by sponti99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, when downloaded DOSBOX on a desktop, you can easily find the folder and see all the files in detail : dosbox.conf, dosbox.exe, xxxx.dll, xxxx.bat, manual.txt, etc. .. . We can therefore modify the file contents dosbox.conf.
When you upload aDosBox (application APK) on Samsung Galaxy S2 via ANDROID MARKET, aDosBox works perfectly, but I can not find files that I could see on my desktop and in particular the file dosbox.conf I would change a bit. Do you know where files are stored on a SmartPhone ? Thank you for your help. Sponti.

Reply 9 of 10, by tarapitha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually, I managed to change the dosbox.conf and would like to share the process. The problem is that configuration file resides in directory unaccessible to Android user but accessible to DOSBox program.
1) Inside DOSBox, open the DOSBox dialog under the Menu and select "Save", take note of the path. In my case, it was "/data/data/org.hystudio.android.dosbox", lets assume that this is the case for all.
2) Inside DOSBox type: "mount d: /data/data/org.hystudio.android.dosbox".
3) Inside DOSBox type: "copy d:\files\dosbox~1\dosbox~1.con c:\dosbox.con".
4) Still inside DOSBox, open the DOSBox dialog again and save the config under db.conf.
5) Exit DOSBox and edit the 'dosbox.con' in location the C: was mounted to suit your needs.
6) Start DOSBox, mount D: to same location as earlier and type
"copy C:\dosbox.con d:\files\dosbox~1\db~1.con".
7) Inside DOSBox, open the DOSBox dialog and load configuration db.conf.
😎 Restart DOSBox - the new config should now be active.