VOGONS

First post, by JonnyRobbienam.cz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im having problem with the prince of persia game in DOSBox. My UP key is dropping occasionaly. When I run and want to jump, it just wont jump and fall down the pit. My my keyboard is fine, because other games work properly. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Reply 1 of 7, by GSMIdol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm test play prince of persia 1 using dosbox 0.72 and got no problem, have u try press Ctrl + K in game to enable keyboard control?

Cheat any DOS Game - Cheat App for DOS

Cheat for DOS Game - Cheat App for DOS

Reply 2 of 7, by TomJeffersonJones

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JonnyRobbienam.cz wrote:

im having problem with the prince of persia game in DOSBox. My UP key is dropping occasionaly. When I run and want to jump, it just wont jump and fall down the pit. My my keyboard is fine, because other games work properly. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Are you sure? Prince of Persia's controls are a little weird, I recommend holding the up key well before the prince reaches the spot you want him to jump from. Tapping it doesn't always work for running jumps...

Reply 3 of 7, by JonnyRobbienam.cz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

its not like it doesn't work at all....half the time the up key works, but sometimes it doesn't. And its like Im running, and want to jump and Im pressing the up key but not jumping and its really annoying. Tested on DOSBox 0.73 and 0.74 on Win7...

Reply 4 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Prince of Persia needs a very low cycle count. Tried any other cores and low cycles (3000)?

It seems to sort of work with 0.74 but it crashed to desktop when I got the sword. Using core normal and 3000 cycles. UP key seemed to work just fine though.

EDIT: CTD was due to using overlay on my Ati card. Using DDRAW is fine. Game works perfectly.

Last edited by eL_PuSHeR on 2010-06-04, 07:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what is your dosbox version and where have you got it from?
what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?

post content of "DOSBox Status Window" (in Windows: right click on its title bar -> edit)
enclose your dosbox's config file

you need to press up when running jump 2 plates/bricks before the clif

Reply 6 of 7, by Johnatan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just bought Prince of Persia (since it's on sale), and I can't get it to run.
From Steam it opens the launcher, but when I hit "Launch the Game!" it just closes the launcher and the game doesn't load.
I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.