VOGONS

First post, by cybernet3000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I'm having trouble getting the midi music working in the Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: the Case of the Rose Tattoo in my copy of Dosbox .73 for Mac OS X 10.6 on my macbook.

I'm pretty sure I've tried every single available MIDI option the installer offers, but all of them either won't configure properly or crash as soon the game starts. The image of london appears, and then immediately the screen fills with text starting with

"DOS/4GW Professional error (2001): exception 0Eh (page fault) at 268:100681F8" or something similar.

I'm pretty sure it's MIDI related because if I choose "No Audio" for the MIDI selection, the game appears to start fine. I'm going to try and play it like that and see how it goes, but does anyone have any ideas?

"Typical. Can't read the instructions, just like those Japanese models." -Arthur

Reply 2 of 6, by cybernet3000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That didn't do anything, but I think I've found the answer: The game doesn't seem to want to run under dynamic cpu, and for some reason the "auto" setting in the conf file of my mac copy didn't seem to catch this. I switched to "normal" and it seems to be running fine. Thanks for your help, though!

"Typical. Can't read the instructions, just like those Japanese models." -Arthur

Reply 5 of 6, by readyfuels

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found this page through Google because I just discovered that I could play DOS games on my Mac. I'm using a program called Boxer (which works off a build of DOSBox, I believe?) and I'm getting that error too.

I'm not computer illiterate, but I AM DOSBox/making old games work on new computers illiterate. :\ Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this game to work in plain English? I see that the OP got it working but I have no idea how to do whatever it is that he/she did... Thanks in advance! I'm also using a Mac and OS 10.6.