VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by handsopen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Everybody,

I have a DOS application that needs SHARE.EXE to run. Could you tell me how can I run share.exe?

I apreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks.

Luis Martínez

Reply 1 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Type SHARE.EXE

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 10, by handsopen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Excuse me If I did not explained myself correctly. The DOS application works fine at Windows XP, but when I tried to run the app on Windows Vista I got the error message "...This system does not support fullscreen mode."

Then I downloaded and installed DOSBox, also I copied "share.exe" into my DOS app's folder. I have mounted the folder as c: drive and run the share.exe program (I did not get any share messages after run it).

Now, when I run my DOS apps. It still shows the message "You need to run share.exe"

It isn't no effect after run "share.exe".

Any ideas?

Reply 3 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

use something else.
DOSBox is for games. hence no share support.

If you want to go the hard route, you can boot real version of MSDOS inside dosbox, however the procedure for that is similar and maybe even more complicated then using something like virtual PC

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you want to run DOS apps in fullscreen in Windows Vista+ you'll need to install the Windows XP video drivers for your video card. That's not recommended but you can do so.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 10, by handsopen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I appreciate your answers. I've been looking for another solution to run my DOS program instead of load and configure Windows XP Video Driver over Windows Vista. I found in DOSBox pretty good DOS commands emulation but it doesn't work for me. Simply I will delay the Windows Vista migration on those pc that run the dos apps. If I find the way to make it run I will let you know.

Reply 9 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think that previous version of DOS-BOX was working well with share.

This was a bug, more an unimplemented table that accidentally said
"share is enabled for this drive" where it wasn't. So even if the app
MAY look like it works, the results are arbitrary.