VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone have the Turtle Beach Montego II Install CD or an image of it?

I'm looking for one, since the drivers available at Turtle Beach support website are very basic and there's no automated installer file. The 3D applications do not install correctly.

Thanks for any help.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 5, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just install the Aureal Vortex 2 official Win9x drivers, version 2048. I've uploaded them for you cuz they are somewhat hard to find. This includes the 3D audio demos.

WIN9X2048.ZIP with demos (37 MB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/281914212/W9X2048.ZIP

Last edited by swaaye on 2009-09-18, 20:11. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Swaaye or Malik do you still have the drivers?

I have a Turtle Beach Montego II and looking for W98SE drivers that also setup MS-DOS mode. I have the drivers from the Turtle Beach website but they seem to be for Windows only.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 5, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Swaaye or Malik do you still have the drivers?

I have a Turtle Beach Montego II and looking for W98SE drivers that also setup MS-DOS mode. I have the drivers from the Turtle Beach website but they seem to be for Windows only.

I have tried to run DOS games within Windows98se DOS box (fullscreen) and the MontegoII works like a soundblaster pro 2.0 for digital audio and also the general midi hardware wavetable, which I first replaced the dls samples with ROLAND GM.
Sounded incredible.
OTHO if you use real DOS the Montego II can't load the GM file and you are left with FM synthesis.

take a look a this:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php? … tryID=576612166

Reply 5 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a NEC 385 on the Wave Table header and that worked!

I simply did a fresh Install of Windows 98SE, installed the original TB drivers from the TB website and things worked inside of W98SE and also when shutting down into MS-DOS mode.

It did get an odd IRQ assigned (the manual mentioned not enabling PnP OS in the BIOS if you want DOS SB Pro compatibility) but Descent and Doom worked just fine (just had to set the resources correctly).

Only thing I couldn't figure out was how to adjust the mixer under DOS because the NEC 385 is very loud / speech quite soft. I found a .cfg file with entries for the mixer but unsure what to put there.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel