VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Myler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys

Been reading the forum for quite some time, since I have a tendency to pop a old videogame every now and then but since they're mostly from Win 95 era, they always give me the rough time and Google always leads me here for a solution 😁

Anyway, I found a CD for NBA Live 98 the other day. Installed it, but, nothing happens when I try to play it. (Win XP Pro SP2)

Compatibility mode doesn't work. I don't even want the 3dfx acceleration, I just want the good ole software graphics, I don't mind. But it won't start.

I even dug through my old computer magazine CD ROM collection and found a official demo on some magazines CD...installed it...and still nothing.

So, any ideas or maybe experiences how to get this running on XP? Thanks.

😁

Reply 1 of 2, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ACT 5.5 is all you need. This game may need the system to lie about system memory just like other EA games. You'll need to create a compatibility mode for the game with the flag "GlobalStatusMemoryLie".

Reply 2 of 2, by Myler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh man, THANKS!

It works, thank you for your help!

The only thing now that's strange is some animations in the game, in the game menu to be more precise, seem too quick.

Probably the CPU is too fast? And I have to "investigate" why does it lock up when I try to customize the keys.

But thank you a lot for this, sound works perfect, everything looks just right.

😁