VOGONS

First post, by wpinacz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,
My problem is that when i try to run my app i've got inforamtion that my system supports max 20 files opened.
I need to set variable "files=55" in config.sys
As far as i can see dosbox doesn't support setting this variable anywhere, only autoexec.bat is available in dosbox.conf.
My question is: how i'm able to run my app without config.sys?

Thank all for any reply.

Reply 2 of 8, by wpinacz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Processor: Pentium D 805
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-8I945-PG
RAM: 1GB
DOSBOX version 0.73
DosBox config - standard changed only output and megs, just mounted my app folder as drive and trying to run.

Actually i want to run it under Vista, because under XP it runs natively under command line.

Reply 3 of 8, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

dosbox provides more than 100 file handles, so the application's detection
does not work. You can try to create a dummy config.sys on the root of
your emulated c-drive and put some files= statement there.

Reply 6 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What app is it you're running? If you can do so legally (as in: it's freeware or you have the rights), please post a download.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 7 of 8, by wpinacz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

newer mind, i've got it to work, the application after install is modifying 2 files:
config.sys - adds FILES=55 section
autoexec.bat - adds SET CLIPPER=F45;E0 section
When i run application the SET CLIPPER=F45;E0 section wasn't in dosbox-0.73.conf in [autoexec], but only on autoexec.bat in file on hard disk.
I just added this section to dosbox-0.73.conf and now everything is working, application just wrong displays that maximum opened files is set to 20 because didn't saw SET CLIPPER=F45;E0.

btw i'm wonderin if there is possible to "stretch" in fullscreen, because there are 2 black borders on top and bottom of my app (in fulscreen mode). I've tried all combinaton of output= machine= scaler= and so on and all i get is this 2 bars - 1 on top, 1 on bottom or just 1 doubled bar on top or bottom.

Thank you all for your support and author(s) for great app (dosbox).
Thanks again.

Reply 8 of 8, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"btw i'm wonderin if there is possible to "stretch" in fullscreen, because there are 2 black borders on top and bottom of my app (in fulscreen mode). I've tried all combinaton of output= machine= scaler= and so on and all i get is this 2 bars - 1 on top, 1 on bottom or just 1 doubled bar on top or bottom. "

aspect=true # doesn't work in text mode though