VOGONS

First post, by kastel20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm trying to install theme park, which I have the files from 6 floppy disks. I am using dosbox 0.72 and d-fend dosbox frontend.
I'm trying to install the game. First i tried to install from combining all files from the disks into a folder and mounting as a floppy i get an error: "must install from floppy!"..i don't have a floppy drive so this is annoying.

Okay, so the install is smart enough to know if you are installing from floppy or not.

I've spent hours trying different things. I tried creating floppy images for each disk and mounting them. It works, but only for an individual disk. So i can't swap during install because dosbox doesn't support swapping multiple floppy images! So then I tried the boot method, however it won't let me mount a hard disk, which means install can't copy the files anywhere...

What do i need to do here? Do i need some special dosbox cvs build that allows swapping multiple floppies?

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Not sure. You can try to mount your FD-images outside of DOSBox. I think there is a free Microsoft tool somewhere that will do that. Once you have mounted the image, start DOSBox and mount it as a physical diskette. Then you should be able to unmount/mount outside of DOSBox, and use CTRL-F4 inside DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by kastel20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

Not sure. You can try to mount your FD-images outside of DOSBox. I think there is a free Microsoft tool somewhere that will do that. Once you have mounted the image, start DOSBox and mount it as a physical diskette. Then you should be able to unmount/mount outside of DOSBox, and use CTRL-F4 inside DOSBox.

Success! This is a solution to anyone with the same problem