VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bernie is still taking the cake.

Remember, only the crap ones that make you wonder how much profit was gained from registering 😁 and only shareware titles, and not commercially distributed crap (there is plenty of that around and probably discussed over and over)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 1 of 7, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow that registration screen alone makes me not want to buy it. It looks very unprofessionaly done. It's colourful but doesn't look professional. I don't think a lot of people purchased the game.

Reply 2 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Whoa. I frequented some Montreal BBSs back in the day, and while I don't recall coming across Bernie, I might have once found another game by the same author. I suppose the reason that I remember it at all is because it did have something of the same sense of mystery as that Bernie video - What is going on? What do these things do? How are you supposed to use them? Then one realizes that the game is total crap and stops asking questions.

Famous in Megazeux circles is Ed Venture, a notoriously terrible Megazeux board whose author had the gall to ask for money in the game.

Joe Snow comes to mind, but apparently someone liked that so much (and its four craptacular sequels) that a remake is in progress:
http://www.acoders.com/acsite/viewsoftware.php?id=142

Reply 4 of 7, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

Famous in Megazeux circles is Ed Venture, a notoriously terrible Megazeux board whose author had the gall to ask for money in the game.

You wouldn't happen to know where to acquire said game, or at least the shareware version, would you? DigitalMZX could really use a copy for their archives - we've been looking for it for years.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For some reason today I happened to think of 1993Tris/Flytris, a dull and largely unplayable puzzle game whose only interesting features were naturally locked out of the shareware version, despite being described in the manual. The mysterious bonus item from the very last level would make you instantly exit to DOS !

wildweasel wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know where to acquire said game, or at least the shareware version, would you? DigitalMZX could really use a copy for their archives - we've been looking for it for years.

o rly? Might it be on Fileplanet somewhere, migrated with the rest of the old mWorld archive? Or is all that long gone? (I do not have a copy myself.)

Reply 7 of 7, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

o rly? Might it be on Fileplanet somewhere, migrated with the rest of the old mWorld archive? Or is all that long gone? (I do not have a copy myself.)

I don't believe the game was ever on mWorld....Final Fantasy EdVenture was on there, but that's an entirely different game.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png