VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox and system time

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Kelli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am just so pleased with how easily and beautifully DOSBox was able to run a colleague's DOS lunar ephemeris program!!! I would like to find out if there is a way to keep the time in the program from lagging behind the actual time. This probably is not an issue for gamers, but I find that the time displayed in the lunar ephemeris program increasingly lags the actual time, both under Ubuntu Linux and under Mac OS 10.4. Are there any tweaks I can make to DOSBox so that it passes on the correct system time? Is clock time simply not something that has been addressed? Or, am I giving insufficient information? I am not the writer of the ephemeris code so I don't know how the system time is called, but I can certainly look into it if needed. Thanks so much!!!

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

send me an email on the email addy listed on dosbox.com (crew)
I recently made a very subtle time in sync keeping code. but it could use some more testing. Think that it will make both us happy 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by syrwhizzy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wish the time skew issue would be a bigger priority for the development group. There are lot of DOS based applications that use the time. This should be integrated into DOSBOX and would make it more useful for business applications and other utilities. More than just using it for games.