VOGONS

First post, by Dwalin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could anybody help me with a problem, please? I have installed this game and tried to play it in DOSbox. It seems to function rather well ( though a bit slow at some points ), but if I try to save it while playing, it starts to slow down and takes an enormous amount of time to find the folder which contains the savegame files and the same time to save it. When I play it in Windows, it seems to run faster, and not only during saving, but when I try to speak with characters or open the notebook, most of the screen becomes black. Did anybody else have the same problem? Since I liked the first game very much, I would really like to play this one as well, but all these slowdowns during saving are extremely annoying, and in this kind of game one has to save very often.

P.S.
Sorry, if I did some grammatical errors - English is not my mother language.

Reply 2 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Your English is fine Dwalin, but it would help with more details on how you mounted the drives in DOSBox, how you did the install, etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Could be that you need to mount the CD while you play. In Windows, the game has access to the CD-drive, but unless you mount the CD inside DOSBox, the game can't see it. So something like mount D X:\ -t cdrom (where X = your drive) might help.

Did you install the game inside DOSBox?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 6, by Dwalin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just read on another forum about the solution to this problem, so I post it here, in case anybody else has the same problem.

The mount line had to be changed to
MOUNT C E:\OLDGAMES\amon -freesize 100

The cycles setting had to be changed to 20000, and the cycleup and cycledown settings to 1000 each.