VOGONS

First post, by Rulx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

EDIT2: Ok seems to be working now; for everybody who wants to know how:
1.) Go to http://ykhwong.x-y.net and download the windows version.
2.) Open the dosbox.conf and change disney=true to disney=false
3.) Perhaps you also want to change printoutput=ps to printoutput=png because png can be read by the most graphic programs and therefore be printed easyly, ps not.
Now printing should work =)

---------------------

EDIT: Problem half-solved.
> Now Fizzban's printer emu works, but with this exe I cannot use the NUMPAD and the keyb xy command for german keyboard layout support does not work. What can I do?

Thank you

---------------------

Hello,

I want to run my finance program with dosbox because my old laptop I always used doesn't work anymore.

So I managed to mount it as floppy and run it and it works.
Now the problem is, that I have to print. The DOS program let me choose between IBM/DIN/HP printers when I start it for the first time, and I think it wants them at LPT1. Of course my pc doesn't even have a LPT1 anymore; just USB.

I know DOSBOX is for games mainly and has no native printer support (I use v0.72), so my questions are;

Is there another pc emulator with (easy to use) printer support?

But because I like DOSBOX I would like to use it, so I read a bit in the forums and found several printer patches, but didn't really understand what to do. (I think Fizzban's does what I want, but I cannot find a dl link)
I thought of something that would perhaps accept the LPT1 output and give me a bmp/jpg file of the printjob, so that I can open them under windows with paint e.g and print it. Is that possible?
When not, is there another easy way to print - best without installing portdrivers or anything else on windows? (The program is on an USB stick and shall work on several pc's)

I'm glad for all answers and I hope you can help me.
Thank you!

Sincerely
Rulex