VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by John T. Haller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Howdy all,

I recently discovered DOSBox when a user at PortableApps.com asked about integrating it into the PortableApps.com Platform. While it was already portable, I thought making integration with the PortableApps.com Menu easier would help more users discover and start using it. So, I've posted DOSBox Portable as a supported portable app.

In the release, DOSBox has been UPX compressed to bring the install size from 3.6MB down to 1.5MB. A launcher has been added to point DOSBox to a configuration file in the DOSBoxPortable\Data directory (so that it can be automatically backed up by the PortableApps.com Platform's backup utility). And it's all packaged in an easy to use installer so users can install it into PortableApps.com with just a couple clicks.

DOSBox Portable homepage:
http://portableapps.com/apps/games/dosbox_portable

More About PortableApps.com:
http://portableapps.com/

Regards,
John

Reply 2 of 5, by John T. Haller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm... mount c: \PathOnDevice works, too. But, you're right, the instructions for mount says no colon, so I've changed the page on the site (it'll take a few minutes to show up).

Glad you like it 😀

Reply 3 of 5, by Eris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've installed DOSBox Portable and it works well, *but* I have a question. How can I pass the -noconsole parameter when it opens?

I don't want the DOSBox Status Window open on the screen, just the DOSBox window that I run my games in.

If that can't be done with this version, could it be added to the program...as a switch, perhaps?

Oh, and the link to the homepage for DOSBox Portable seems to be broken.

Reply 4 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Eris - I don't know how this Portable Apps system works, or how configurable that Menu is, but have you tried adding the -noconsole option so whatever menu-command is used to launch DOSBox?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 5, by John T. Haller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not right now, but I'll add it into the next release. The current DOSBox Portable is being re-released next week to add in the new installer in preparation for the release of the new PortableApps.com Platform.