Common searches

USB joystick

Topic actions

First post, by Bigges

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't figure out how to get it to work with my game, Frontier: Elite II
I've read other people sorting stuff with calibration, but I need mine to be detected, not calibrated. Any help would be ace.
Thanks.

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Just today I compiled a SDL.dll off the "unstable" SVN of SDL, because I wanted to test an issue with joystick recognition in Dosbox. I'm attaching the dll in a zip. Please make a backup of the sdl.dll in your dosbox folder, then make sure you made a backup 😀 Really, please make a backup first 😀
Then unzip the Sdl.dll in the zip into your dosbox folder and start Dosbox. You will see in the console (the second or actually first windows that dosbox loads) whether your joystick got recognized at all.
Please report back 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    SDL.zip
    File size
    140.89 KiB
    Downloads
    1958 downloads
    File comment
    SDL.dll
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 9, by Bigges

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thats done it! It works 😀

In the window that you tend not to use for anything at all, i.e. the one not for mounting drives etc, it tells you the type of joystick and all the buttons it has 😀

Many thanks!!

Reply 3 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Cool, keep that dll until the next version of Dosbox comes along. Shouldn't hurt in anyway (I hope).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 9, by Jimbot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is awesome!! Thanks a heap, fiexed my non-recognition issue for a Saitek Cyborg evo - it used to work in .65 but .70 wouldn't until this dll. Awesome work. It's a pity that the 3rd and 4th axis swap still doesn't work, at least not in privateer 2.