VOGONS

First post, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here is my HD/DVD installer for the game The Pandora Directive.
Like the previous one for Under A Killing Moon it allows you to install the whole game to your hard disc or to create a DVD version of the game, so you don't have to change CDs anymore.

For this purpose also all the inventory files (EXAM???.AP), which have identical names, but partly different contents, are extracted and recombined to new single files, so no animations are lost.

Features:

- Option to make a full installation on the hard drive and play without any CDs
- or Create a DVD version, so that you can play later directly from the DVD without the need of changing CDs
- Full Installation can also be started later on from the DVD
- Recombination of inventory files from the different CDs
- Original CDs can be inserted in any disc drive(s). (The correct CDs are recognised automatically)
- Support for English and German version of the game

As before, all needed Infos are covered in the file DVDInfo.txt, which will be displayed at the start of the installation.

Comments and error reports are welcome. If someone has the game in another language besides German or English and is interested in using the installer, please write me a PM.

Download (Version v1.1):
http://www.adamhearn.co.uk/games/texmurphy/Th … taller_v1.1.zip

Last edited by Wintermute on 2006-12-14, 20:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 11, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Reckless wrote:

Rapidshare can be a problem so I've uploaded a copy here.

Thanks for mirroring the files. Otherwise, I would have reuploaded them again on Rapidshare, since I don't have my own webspace (and we would have the same problem in a few months).
I changed the links in my posts to yours.

Reply 7 of 11, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have used this installer to load the Pandora Directive on Windows XP and it seems to have worked, but I do not know which file to double click in order to start to play the game. Can someone assist me?

glyco0

Reply 8 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm a bit late in replying but I just saw this thread today,just now. And I downloaded and installed using your program. Your program is really intuitive and very informative from the beginning till the end. Great work, Wintermute. Really appreciate your work and time. I'm surprised not many have responded to your wonderful program. I'll try to inform about this thread elsewhere to help other possible Tex fans. Thanks again! And, Reckless, thanks for your kind efforts to host the files! Equally appreciated.

Reply 9 of 11, by daghorton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm french, and i'm using french edition of pandora directive, Your application Work correctly, but, inventory in game is in english, not in french.

Application to dvd, just two language : english, dutch.

can you help me for this small problem please ?

Reply 10 of 11, by michelsteeve

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am facing the problem during downloading it. It stops downloading when last 55 sec remains in downloading. Can anyone what's wrong?? Is it like file gone corrupted or there is problem in my network connection??

Pandora games