User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi All,

This is my new D.O.G.

Download it here (Thanks to Gadler) :
http://www.second-unit.org/dog/DOGv1.4beta.exe

Currently it is a work in progress so here is its featureslist :
-Plugin support for Dos32a, CWSDPMI, KeyB, All but one click away.
-Translatable (See Language.dat in notepad and the info files *Info.dat together with languages.dat.)
-Category listing : Create a category with the category manager, create the same category in the profile and poof, you can select these profiles like you selected your favorites like before)
-Automatic base directory change, so you're not going to lose your profiles, by just copying your D.O.G. to another directory.
-Link creation.
-CPU Usage measurement for even Win98(they said) Supports 1000 seconds. Neet for tweaking the cycles for a game, going over 90% then it goes red.
-Multiple DosBox support, currently 0.65 and 0.63
-Profiles and Templates.
-Question report generator(report in English standard), it gathers system info and profile info. No more opening a lot of 3rd party apps just to scramble the info together.
-Importing DFend profiles.
-Now I'm going to stop because i could go on and on...

Btw if someone does a translation in languages other then the standard English lettering, like chinese lettering or whatnot, I'm always interrested if it works, and would deffenately love to get a screenshot.

Have fun.

Erik.

Reply 3 of 14, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, found a problem on my XP system, it just terminates with a acces violation in the kernel32.dll. Doesn't seem to be a problem on a 2000 Pro system. Will have to reinstall Delphi on that machine to figure out what goes wrong.

Will be a time till i can test the program on a Win98 system, need to get it from under the dust.

Erik.

Reply 6 of 14, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'll give it a try. Both of my machines are XP, one SP1 and the other SP2.

Yup, found the problem to be with hyperthreaded systems and multicores

OK, that explains it. Both are dualies, one an Opteron dual work station and the other a Core Duo laptop.

Reply 8 of 14, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ErikGG wrote:

Hi All,
Btw if someone does a translation in languages other then the standard English lettering, like chinese lettering or whatnot, I'm always interrested if it works, and would deffenately love to get a screenshot.

DOG-German 😀
dogerman2qz9.png
germanshotlc2.png

Reply 9 of 14, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

Looks good, still needs some tweaks here and there with some resizing. Looks promesing, the 2000 lines of codes where worth it. Does it also support the german "s", "B"?

Erik.

Reply 13 of 14, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

Thanks QBix,
That means a lot to me,

In the meanwhile new D.O.G. will hold :
- FAQ Internet link currently pointing to
DOSBOX FAQ Thread
If a summery link is made I'll change it.
- Game support list
- Bug fix for the Translator (The box above Publisher should say Developer and so on)
- Maybe an automated scaler detection. (Maybe if i've got enough grey mass)
- Support for older DosBox versions.
- Scaler result window -> Gives an image that got generated with the Scaler (Maybe for Prince of Persia or Warcraft)
-Making it faster, current version : 5000 profiles boots at 10 sec
New version will take about 10 times more profiles. Still being experimented with.

And again, as someone once said : Boy its fast.

OH, has someone noticed once a program that sets itself to lowest thread priority? No, have a look at D.O.G. in the Taskmanager. And it still is fast 😁

Thanks again,

Erik.

Reply 14 of 14, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi me again,

Bugs currently reported :
- Favorite button, loses profile data if you didn't edit the profile before pushing favorite.
- Main Menu loses widths.
- Translator problems. Wrong text at the wrong place. Resizing problems.
- Jumping label on the Cycles page, when clicking the Cycles button in CPU section.
- Exe and Setup path where set to readonly.

Currently these are fixed and the new version will be put up as soon as possible, thanks to Gadler.

IMPORTANT NOTICE : if you want to use the profiles from the old D.O.G. version then just copy the old exe over the new one and DELETE the STATES directory inside the D.O.G. directory.

The new verion holds a compatibility link in the DosBox menu.

Erik.