VOGONS

First post, by qalnor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember this game fondly from ages ago, but when I reinstalled it today using DOSBox, I found that the only monsters I ever encounter are rats, and my characters are generally incapable of hitting anything, and them onsters are similarly incapable of hitting me.

It seems like every few battles will be normal, in the sense that my party is capable of hitting them and vica versa, but generally this is not the case.

Has anyone had similar problems with this game, or any other games, and found a resolution?

I believe this is an issue with DOSBox and not the game itself, so I'm posting here, but I'm not 100% sure.

Reply 1 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does Wiz 6 work in NTVDM in XP? If youi encounter the same behavior then it's not a DosBox problem.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by qalnor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm starting to think this may have something to do with directory references. When I set my savegame directory to C:\BANE\SAVE\ earlier, it wouldn't accept it. So I tried just putting 'SAVE' in, and that seemed to work.

However, there's also another directory setting which can't be modified by any means I'm aware of that points to the scenario datafile, and I'm wondering if maybe that link is the problem.