VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, feel free to post here if you know of something else to add. I'm going to go over some of the confusing bits that people seem to have about D-fend and Dosbox 0.65, as there are some key things you MUST add in order to get it working.

To add anything you must go to the following on the toolbar:

-Extra-Change Dynamic Options

Now we can continue-

First of all - the border problem. If your games have a thick black border no matter what resolution is set....then click resolution and type the following on the right (anywhere, at the bottom if you like)

original

Use that instead of default or 640x480. If you own an LCD and its too blury, use normal2x scaler. Which brings me to another point. Add the additional scalers from the dosbox.conf if you plan on using any of them.

Use this method to add in any additional scalers, cycles, or other features from the left that have missing values. You can find all possible choices in the dosbox.conf, so don't ask what they are until you've read through that file.

Now say you want to use a feature that D-fend has no knowledge of, like say.....overscan. Go into a game's profile and then enter the "Custom Sets" tab and add in the section + the setting like so:

[render]
overscan=1
overscanstrength=2

You can do this for any additonal features which are listed in the dosbox.conf and are not available in D-fend. If you want all new profiles to accept them, simply add them into the Default profile (Extra - Configure Defaults) I'm not going to list every extra command here considering CVS adds more each version so I'm just telling HOW to do it.

If you have any other compatibility related problems with 0.65 or are still lost on how to add features just ask.....but please do it here as everyone is getting a little tired of the same old d-fend threads. 😉