VOGONS

First post, by frankxaver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have the game Dday Avalon Hill in cd format.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?s … D=1760&letter=D

The problem is what I can´t run the game in my pc, and I have problem with run with dosbox. When I run the game the error message in the game is:

CDROM NO PRESENT. THE CDROM DISK SHIPPED WITH AMERICA INVADES MUST BE PRESENT IN YOUR CD ROM DRIVE TO PLAY.

The game need the cd for to run because I think has a protection. I have the cd in my cdrom unit but Dosbox don´t reconize.

I have tried mount the cdrom but I have errors in my computers. I think I put the mount cdrom command bad in dosbox. I don´t understand very well the instructions for to mount a cdrom in dosbox.

Please, somebody can run this game with dosbox and can to explain to me as I can run in my computer.

I have:
C: Hard Drive 1
D: Hard Drive 2
E: DVDrom Writer DVD
F: CDromWriter CD

Thank you very much.
frankxaver

Last edited by frankxaver on 2006-04-08, 12:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 4, by frankxaver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don´t work Lofty.

It is very complicate for me.

For install the game in the instructions game say copy the files into hard disk and when you run the game the cd has to be in the cdrom.

I copy the files of the cd to my hard disk C:

And then manual game say, run the game since the C:\invade\invade.exe

The problem is if I mount with dosbox the cdrom, as I can to go to C: for run the exe?

Reply 4 of 4, by frankxaver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for your help Lofty. It is great, it work!!!

I have tried, and my problem is what I only mount one unit c:

With you help I continue with the problem when I run the exe:
CDROM NO PRESENT. THE CDROM DISK SHIPPED WITH AMERICA INVADES MUST BE PRESENT IN YOUR CD ROM DRIVE TO PLAY.

But I have used the conseil of Bypass CD protection (2005-08-14 03:32): Open INVADE.EXE in hexeditor and: goto offset 000D4D7A; Change 75 to 90 goto offset 000D4D7B; Change 33 to 90
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list...p;letter=D

And now whit your command:
mount c c:\
mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl -label Invade_1
c:
cd invade
invade

The invade.exe run fine if I have the cd in my cdrom F:\ is complicate but is the only way what I encounter for to work the game.

Sorry Lofty I have detect other problem, the cd is original and I copy the files to my C: Hard disk, but I don´t see the file "SETUP" for to configure the sound and the screen of game.
In manual instructions put type INVADE/SETUP but in my cd this file no apparear and in the folder C:\invade neither.

Do you know what is the problem?

Again Lofty I am thankfull for your help.