VOGONS

Bio Menace 0.65

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 43, by CleanRich

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm, I still can't get this to work. I've tried biopatch and bio.com and each time, no luck. I tried running the patches through the setup option in Dfend and when I do, it opens a Dos window for a second but immediately closes. I also opened Dosbox, (v.6.5), and ran it from there after mounting c:\biomenace, the patch loaded OK but it didn't seem to help with the lockup of the game. Are others having any luck getting this game to run? Is it possible to run either of the patches through dfend? I've played around with all the settings and nothing seems to help. All other Dos games I've setup work perfectly after I adjusted settings. Any help getting Biomenace to work greatly apprieciated.

P.S. Thanks to the author for this great program.

Reply 21 of 43, by BadLife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just tried it with the new patch and as far as I can tell it works. I do get an error when I end the game. I only played a to the part where it breaks though. It did not work with the orginal biopatch. But the messup seems to be in a diffrent place than before.

Reply 22 of 43, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

awesome... ive been after playing these games bugfree... do i run it the same as the original apogee bugfix?

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 23 of 43, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CleanRich wrote:

Hmmm, I still can't get this to work. I've tried biopatch and bio.com and each time, no luck. I tried running the patches through the setup option in Dfend and when I do, it opens a Dos window for a second but immediately closes. I also opened Dosbox, (v.6.5), and ran it from there after mounting c:\biomenace, the patch loaded OK but it didn't seem to help with the lockup of the game. Are others having any luck getting this game to run? Is it possible to run either of the patches through dfend? I've played around with all the settings and nothing seems to help. All other Dos games I've setup work perfectly after I adjusted settings. Any help getting Biomenace to work greatly apprieciated.

P.S. Thanks to the author for this great program.

For D-fend I simply made a batch file with the following lines:

bio
bmenace1

For each of the episodes (replacing the 1 with the episode number of course) and it worked fine.

Reply 26 of 43, by vpprof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I fire a gun DOSBox closes.
I get an obsure error message after DOSBox 0.65 dies:
"Exit to error: CPU:GRP5:Illegal Call 7"
I tried everything you've mentioned here and also I tried to install DOSBox on a partition which doesn't contain Windows XP but none of these solutions seem to help...

Vpprof

Reply 28 of 43, by vpprof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, to be honest (I should've written that earlier) I cannot unrar this file... 🙁 You know, "Unknown method"... And I downloaded it several times to make sure it's not due to an error in downloading.

Vpprof

Reply 29 of 43, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I'm attaching a .com file that should fix the bug as well, 13 bytes.
Zipped it's 129 bytes, what a compression!

Attachments

• Filename
    BMFIX.zip
    File size
    129 Bytes
    Downloads
    1421 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 32 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
DirtyWorld wrote:

how do I create a batch file for D-Fend?

Eh? Start => Run => notepad name-of-file.bat

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 34 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And exactly *why* do you want to do that?

For more info, go here

Reply 36 of 43, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Uh just start that program i posted right before loading the game
itself, if you want to use some frontend then put this into the
batch file and run the batch file instead of the game.

Reply 37 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

A batch-file is just a list of commands that you want the computer to do. Instead of entering the same commands over and over again, you put the commands in a text-file, and ask the computer to execute the commands in the text-file.

1 file with many commands => 1 batch of commands.

And surely you know how to get D-Fend to execute something?

Reply 39 of 43, by Wizardling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bio Menace Episode 3 - Master Cain remains broken in DOSBox 0.74. I've tried the patch that comes with the game, and the two from this forum thread.

Bio Menace Episode 3 - Master Cain hangs at the first screen showing which hardware is supported. It never moves past "Loading: Please wait...". The first two episodes work fine without any patching.

Frog blast the vent core!