VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jarikith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Rounding out former Sierra creators taking it to the people via crowd funding, Lori and Corey Cole have launched a Kickstarter for Hero-U Rogue to Redemption: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/187814787 … e-to-redemption

I for one am happily throwing my money at them to get this done. RPGs and Adventure games have always been my favorite and with the Cole's once again blending the two together (though with more RPG than Adventure this time around than QFGs more Adventure than RPG styling) I'm definitely looking forward to what they can come up with. 😎

Reply 1 of 5, by Jarikith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Coles have put out their third Kickstarter Update which answers the very question of which type of game is this? A RPG or an Adventure Game? Naturally it's both! 😎
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/187814787 … on/posts/335644

Reply 2 of 5, by Jarikith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Coles will be hosting a “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit today, October 31st at 3pm PDT/6pm EDT:http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA

This is a great opportunity to ask away about the Quest for Glory series, Dr. Brain, Mixed up Fairy Tales, their time at Sierra, the School for Heroes site and of course their latest venture on Kickstarter: Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption.

Reply 3 of 5, by Jarikith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Corey Cole has personally committed to handling the task of porting the game over to Linux on his own time after its completed. This is so that no Kickstarter funds are diverted from the initial game development process. Real awesome of Corey to do this for his Linux using fans.

Reply 4 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are too many kickstarter projects for my liking. I for one will wait and see and buy the goods when they are out. I am worried that some of these projects will ask for more money half-way through or run out of money.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 5 of 5, by torchinomotorino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Although Space Quest 3 was my first adventure game, I picked up a copy of Hero’s Quest later that year. Hero’s Quest was my first experience in RPGs and my definitive experience in fantasy. I will never forget the cover to that game.
I played the Quest for Glory games for several years and it was always my secret indulgence. I had some friends who played D&D, but I was always afraid to play because of my propagandized ignorance of the game. I was in my school library one day in 1994 when I noticed a paperback novel left on a table. The cover caught my attention. The red dragon in the background looked very similar to the cover of Hero’s Quest. I checked out Dragons of Autumn Twilight and the rest is history. I started reading fantasy novels like crazy, my friends noticed my interest in fantasy and invited me to play D&D, and I remain an avid fan of fantasy and RPG to this day. I even DM a 3.5 edition campaign of Dragonlance which you can read about on our wiki!
For me, Quest for Glory was a catalyst for fun, excitement, and socialization far beyond what the series offered in hours of playtime. I owe a lot to the Cole’s for their creative influence throughout the Quest for Glory series. This Kickstarter is my opportunity to repay the enjoyment they have provided me both monetarily and with zealous support!

--------------------
Torchino Motorino

"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" -Erasmus