VOGONS

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Or is this just madness?

Currently I have a Voodoo3 2000 PCI as my main vid card right now. However I still have my original Voodoo1 with pass thru cable (man I was nuts for blowing $200+ back for in back in what... Spring of 96)

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the only reason for doing so would be for those dos games that talk directly to the card without the need for drivers like ef2000
in that case yes
but do not install drivers for the v1

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 6, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IIRC there is an utlity called "Voodoo switcher" or something out there.

By the way, Davros, so if I have a dual Voodoo system (one is Voodoo1, while the other is Voodoo5, for instance), consequently I won't be able to use the Voodoo1 in Windows, will I?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 6, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Davros wrote:

i doubt it, but would you need to use the v1 in windows ?

Mechwarrior 2 3dfx? (I don't have that one game, but it is a Win9x game, isn't it?)

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 6, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if anyone has seen these yet, but there are Voodoo 1 drivers now available for Windows XP 64.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=33695

Neat-o, I say.

I'm interested to know if anyone can get the 3dfx version of Mechwarrior 2 to work in XP in compatibility mode with this driver.

**Don't forget to enjoy the sauce**