VOGONS

First post, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All I know is I can get CTCU to work if I run a win98se bootdisk from http://www.bootdisk.com/, but if I try and run it from Dos 7.0 (with bootgui=0 in msdos.sys), the program aborts and says "cannot be run from within Windows" (or words to that effect).

I'm just wondering if anyone here might have any idea as to why CTCM behaves like this.
😜

**Don't forget to enjoy the sauce**

Reply 2 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just use only ctcm, you will be fine under pure DOS in a windows9x/me system...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 4, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, CTCM works fine. I just can't reconfigure anything with CTCU unless I do it all through windows. 😜

Oh, and yeah, I tried the "dos=noauto" thing in config.sys. That does indeed get rid of dblbuf.sys and at least one other background device TSR. Interestingly, also makes it so I can't run windows 98 with "win" at the command prompt. Also, didn't affect CTCU.

I did make some progress running CTCU by typing...

"command.com CTCU"

Something went wrong tho, but I at least got it to start. I'll try this again when I get home.

Yeah, CTCM works okay. I just thought it would be nice to use CTCU, and change the sound card IRQ on-the-fly for certain things. Thanks for the help fellas. 😀

**Don't forget to enjoy the sauce**

Reply 4 of 4, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

setup two ctpnp.cfg in the editor. in one configuration forbid the other irq/dma whatever and in the other ctpnp.cfg does it the other way around.
Then use some batch file that copys the chosen ctpnp.cfg to ctcm.
If it doesn't work, use the isapnp tool to clear the ressources before running ctcm.