VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have made nearly 500 appimages on Linux, fully running from the 1997 to 2005 era (roughly)
These appimages incorporate the windows installation, the wine version that works for the game and the game itself (including the iso, which auto mounts, if needed) so should be bullet proof as regards future wine/windows updates, all stored in 1 file that you double click to run.
Some games use dgvoodoo and nglide to upscale the graphics and is fully integrated into the appimage.
When run, a hidden config file is created in a folder that stores any saves/config changes the game has.
To revert the game to default this folder can be deleted or if transferred to another PC with the appimage, the saves etc. will resume as normal

https://github.com/ruanformigoni/gameimage

Big thanks to ruan for this fantastic software

Reply 1 of 1, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was hoping that the link was to your AppImages - not to images containing Windows and game files which you're not allowed to redistribute, but to something like Dockerfiles which describe how to build the image - but then I realised that automating the installation and setup of all those games would probably be impossible or would take far too long 🙁 It's a shame all your hard work can't be distilled into some recipes which can be legally distributed!