VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cegman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to get Close Combat the original to work. If any of you can give me tips. At setup it tells me the setup is not compatable with operating system. I have tried changing the combatability but it doesn't work. Any tips or ideas welcome.

I am sorry if I don't have complete info. I cannot think ATM if you need more ask and i will search. I think that this should be sufficient unless you need exact error.

Reply 1 of 3, by Sneaksie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recall i've just enabled win95 compatibility mode for setup.exe and it worked... You can try just copy data or similar folder from the cd which contains actual game files and ran cc.exe from hdd with compat mode.
BTW, CC3 is the best IMO;)

Reply 2 of 3, by cegman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the help. I am just having a problem with the registry. I can't install it and when i try and run it after copying, it tells me I have a problem with the registry any way to change this?

I know that the newer ones are better I just can't find them. I don't have the disks.

Reply 3 of 3, by Sneaksie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Games\Close Combat]
"ShowDSAlert"=hex:01,00,00,00
"ShowPalAlert"=hex:01,00,00,00
"ShowQuickHelp"=hex:01,00,00,00
"PlaySounds"=hex:01,00,00,00
"PlayMusic"=hex:01,00,00,00
"PlayVideos"=hex:01,00,00,00
"Show640"=hex:01,00,00,00
"ScreenSize"=hex:07,00,00,00
"GameSpeed"=hex:00,00,00,00
"Version"="1.0"
"InstalledTo"="D:\\Games\\cc1"
"InstalledFrom"="E:"
"ProductID"="40320-442-6972576-44265"
"Name"="Player"
@=""

--------------------------------------------
create a file cc.reg, copy the above strings to it, save and doubleclick on it.
InstalledFrom field must contain path to your cd, maybe not just E:, but E:\\, i'm not sure. InstalledTo is root folder where cc.exe is located after copying to hdd. Notice that slashes are double, unlike normal DOS paths (its registry format).