VOGONS

Common searches

Mechwarrior 2 Titanium Trilogy

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by ssfsx17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems that people have gotten the DOS version of MW2 to work.

Has anyone tried to make the Titanium Trilogy work? Is this version the same as the Win95/Pentium version, or is it different?

"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name.

Reply 1 of 3, by ssfsx17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, it installs perfectly fine. But, it doesn't actually run the game. It just goes into 256-color 640x480 mode and then hangs. I can Alt-Tab and close the application just fine, and the system returns to normal.

The game does not seem to be the same as the Win95 Pentium version, since the suggested fixes for that version did not work. It uses DirectX 5.0 and did not try to install that version on my computer.

I am running WinXP SP2. My computer is a Fujitsu C-Series Lifebook (in other words, a laptop). The game does not run with either software rendering or hardware acceleration.

"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name.

Reply 2 of 3, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to bump, but this page comes in REALLY handy for all things MW2:

http://www.geocities.com/k_lupinsky/

I believe that the Titanium Trilogy is based on a modified variant of the MW2: Mercs 1.1 engine, which likely means that it will ONLY run on Win9x, and that you're bound to encounter a few differences from "classic" MW2. I'm not sure, since I only own MW2: Mercs 3dfx Edition, but if you can get access to a system running Win9x, you just might find out for yourself. (Now if Mercs would stop crashing whenever I crank up the details or fire any weapons outside of enhanced vision mode...)