VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mratzloff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my Loom ISO to work as a BIN/CUE pair. Can someone give me a hand and post a working CUE file? 😀

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 8, by mratzloff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure, but I use OS X and don't really want to pony up the cash for Toast (it's $100). I don't know of any Mac programs that generate BIN/CUE files other than that off the top of my head.

Also, I'd prefer not to have to use 650 MB of space when I can rip the audio to OGG or MP3 or something and use that. Based on my search of previous threads, it sounds like the typical suggestion is to use ScummVM in these cases, but I really prefer DOSBox + Boxer.

Reply 3 of 8, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Compressed music tracks will only work with ScummVM. With DOSBox, you can mount a BIN/CUE image, which is "full size" (all data on the CD plus audio tracks). Isn't it possible to run Linux utils on MacOS? I'm sure there are free command line tools capable of creating BIN/CUE images.

You should use ScummVM for the game though.

Reply 5 of 8, by mratzloff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I worked out the cue sheet on my own, having converted the audio to WAV:

FILE "LOOM.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 1 MODE1/2048
INDEX 1 00:00:00
FILE "LOOM.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 2 AUDIO
INDEX 1 04:25:25

Thanks for the replies. Based on the link I posted above I assumed that DOSBox handled compressed audio; guess not. At least I don't have to use ScummVM, though. 😀

Reply 8 of 8, by mratzloff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Couldn't get an OGG encoding to work (tried both "OGG" and "MP3" as the type, MP3 based on the example on the Cuesheet page linked above), but maybe the OS X binary isn't compiled to support compressed audio.

Whatever, it works. 😀