VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by infael

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The install program wants to install from a floppy rather than the CD. How do I get around this? Thanks!

Dell Pentium 4 2.4G
XP Pro SP2
2 G RAM
Leadtek GeForce 8800GTX vid card

Reply 2 of 7, by infael

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to install Bane from the Ultimate Wizardry Archives CD.

The Bane installer wants to install Bane from A: instead of the cd drive. How do I work around this?

TIA

infael

Dell Pentium 4 2.4G
XP Pro SP2
2 G RAM

Reply 4 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

(merged related topics - please avoid cross-posting)

Change the A: to something else, such as the letter of the CD-ROM drive. If that doesn't work, try the letter and the Bane directory together, e.g.:
D:\Bane
(where D is your CD-ROM drive letter, which may be different for you)

You could probably also just copy the files from the Bane folder to somewhere on your hard drive, then run winstall.exe to set the desired options, then select "CONFIG ONLY" to save the settings.

Reply 5 of 7, by infael

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried changing the source to the cd drive but nothing happened. The cursor just kept blinking after I hit return, while the cd got accessed a few times. I didn't see a winstall file so will haveta check.

Thanks!

Dell Pentium 4 2.4G
XP Pro SP2
2 G RAM

Reply 7 of 7, by hucke

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dont use the installer. Copy the files to the directory you like to use. Then execute the winstall.exe and adjust your settings. After that you should be able to play the game normally.

If you experience any problems with the winstall you might need to adjust your file attributes. Something like attrib -r *.* /s in the Bane directory should to the trick.