VOGONS

First post, by polishvito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an IBM CGA card from a 5150 that I am working on restoring. The composite output jack is pretty crusty/corroded and the monitor I am using has difficulty syncing up and/or video just randomly cuts out, comes back blurry (even for composite). I’ve cleaned the connector as best I could, used contact cleaner, deoxit etc with minimal improvement.

Anyone know of a suitable RCA connector that can just be a drop in replacement for this one? I know it’s nothing special, Just want to make sure it will fit on the card and in the cutout on the I/O plate. The legs of the original port seem longer than any of the ones I’m finding online.

Edit: any idea if these will fit properly? Fielect 5Pcs RCA Female Jack 3 Pin PCB Mounted AV Concentric Outlet 1 RCA Female Socket Connector Stereo Audio Video Jack https://a.co/d/0TWG2IZ

Reply 1 of 1, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
polishvito wrote on 2024-01-20, 14:40:

I have an IBM CGA card from a 5150 that I am working on restoring. The composite output jack is pretty crusty/corroded and the monitor I am using has difficulty syncing up and/or video just randomly cuts out, comes back blurry (even for composite). I’ve cleaned the connector as best I could, used contact cleaner, deoxit etc with minimal improvement.

Anyone know of a suitable RCA connector that can just be a drop in replacement for this one? I know it’s nothing special, Just want to make sure it will fit on the card and in the cutout on the I/O plate. The legs of the original port seem longer than any of the ones I’m finding online.

Edit: any idea if these will fit properly? Fielect 5Pcs RCA Female Jack 3 Pin PCB Mounted AV Concentric Outlet 1 RCA Female Socket Connector Stereo Audio Video Jack https://a.co/d/0TWG2IZ

Do you have something like Bombril over there? It will do wonders for your rusted jack if you use it in conjunction with the products you already tried. Also, try using a RCA subwoofer cable, as it's coaxial and shielded on the inside and might improve your output quality.