Rendition Verite Thread

Topic actions

Reply 280 of 652, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jacco wrote:
Your lucky I found nothing . No stealt ii s220 found in europe. I from netherlands. Strange that many people have rendition ver […]
Show full quote

Your lucky
I found nothing .
No stealt ii s220 found in europe.
I from netherlands.
Strange that many people have rendition verity to show here but nobody who want sell a card.
Only for collecting people to show it but nothing more.

😒

The reason people have these cards is because they want them. Just because you want something does not mean that someone is obligated to sell to you. Some of us wait for years to buy certain parts and you think you can just demand that people give them up for you? Do like the rest of us did and search the internet for them or attend computer shows or go to recycling centers. I pick up a lot of old hardware just from driving around on garbage collection day, though the really vintage stuff is getting harder to come by that way.

Reply 283 of 652, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

If only he'd looked at the date on the post he replied to......

I wasn't the one who bumped it originally. When I see a thread at the top of the queue I assume it has become active again.

Reply 284 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

I wasn't the one who bumped it originally. When I see a thread at the top of the queue I assume it has become active again.

That's the correct assumption, but looking at the dates of posts in a giant thread like this can be beneficial. 😀 Whiny "jacco" hasn't been back since March anyway.

Reply 286 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

Some of the pics Which were in the original post are down. Could you please upload them again?

Oh I had forgotten to fix the game screenshots. They were already up on Mediafire - I just needed to link to them.

The Bonnie & Clyde photo is broken for some reason and I don't have a backup. I posted on imagebam's forum about it but I don't know if they can help.

Reply 287 of 652, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

Some of the pics Which were in the original post are down. Could you please upload them again?

Oh I had forgotten to fix the game screenshots. They were already up on Mediafire - I just needed to link to them.

The Bonnie & Clyde photo is broken for some reason and I don't have a backup. I posted on imagebam's forum about it but I don't know if they can help.

Thanks. I found a compressed pic of the Bonny & Clyde that is reasonably sized although heaviliy compressed

3dv2_outlaw3d_bcdlo3d.jpg

Maybe we can use it as a place holder while you try to recover the original imagebam photo?

Another interesting find, although small and compressed again 🤣, picture of that never-released Hercules Thriller Conspiracy

thriller9buw0.png

The already known press release:

http://web.archive.org/web/19981202023032/htt … /conspiracy.htm

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 288 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I managed to find the Bonnie & Clyde photo again. It's in the first post. That photo was shot by [GPUT]Carsten.

Thriller Conspiracy. What a curiosity that was. If only someone had a prototype.

Reply 289 of 652, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

come on guyz, i have several rendition1000s(from creative and canopus) and a 4mb 2200 from qdi. now i want an agp8mb version of 2200(probably from hercules or qdi) badly, but have never seen one IRL so far, and even their pictures on the internet are pretty rare!

Reply 290 of 652, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

QDI Legend/8mb Rendition comes up on eBay every so often. I bagged one over the winter - nice card too. One lingered for quite a while last month or the month before.

Reply 291 of 652, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
subhuman@xgtx wrote:
Another interesting find, although small and compressed again :lol:, picture of that never-released Hercules Thriller Conspirac […]
Show full quote

Another interesting find, although small and compressed again 🤣, picture of that never-released Hercules Thriller Conspiracy

thriller9buw0.png

The already known press release:

http://web.archive.org/web/19981202023032/htt … /conspiracy.htm

Fujitsu's partnumber for the Fujitsu FGX-1 "Pinolite" was MB86242 - using that you can find even more specs and interesting information about the Pinolite. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 292 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

Fujitsu's partnumber for the Fujitsu FGX-1 "Pinolite" was MB86242 - using that you can find even more specs and interesting information about the Pinolite. 😀

I wonder if the main objective was to try to enter the low end professional CAD market with a V2200 + geometry engine card. There was so little value for games at the time. D3D didn't even support geometry acceleration yet. V2200 itself was also tapped out by 1998 for games in general.

Reply 293 of 652, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I tried my Rendition V2200 PCI 8 MB SDRAM at 50 MHz Core BIOS 1.04.161
Reference board Rev 2, from Elephant

vquake 640x480 with r_antialias 7 27.5 fps
3dmark99max at 640x480 1484 3dmarks
Unreal in OpenGL at 640x480 with low texture resolution and all visual features on it shows 9.2 fps
high texture resolution 7,7 fps

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 294 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It was really unfortunate that Epic or Rendition didn't write a RRedline renderer for Unreal.

I've read that vQuake doesn't benefit much from V2200 because it's written for V1000. GLQuake might be faster and look better.

Reply 296 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
noshutdown wrote:

which v1000 driver gives better performance? and is the generic reference driver 2.1b2 the newest version?

I don't really have much experience using D3D with V1000 and that's when the driver matters. Yeah I think that's the final version. There might be juicy info in the readme. Rendition usually documented their changes pretty well.

Reply 297 of 652, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
noshutdown wrote:

which v1000 driver gives better performance? and is the generic reference driver 2.1b2 the newest version?

I have tested the last reference driver 2.1b2 and the last Creative driver "3DBP-95DRV-1-US (Revision 5)" (3dpw95up.exe) and as I remember they have the same performance under RRedline. The Creative one is later, based on the 2.1b2 reference driver but the redline.dll is older in the Creative driver (1.0.0.220) than the reference driver (1.0.0.240). The most files in the have reference driver have "4.03.00.3418" version number but in Creative driver this is "4.10.0.3418" (and the VXD version number in the Creative driver is "4.10.01.2306-3418.1"). So it is based on the reference driver "3418" but they modified some things (not only version numbers are different in comparing files). I'm also not using my v1000 for Direct3D (nor OpenGL) so generally I recommend the last reference driver. If you want to test v1000 with Creative driver I recommand you to update the files with "1.0.0.240" redline.dll for RRedline and with the "Rendition MiniGL Drivers – 5/23/98 GOLD" (MiniGL.zip). All of these you can find on http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/ .

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 298 of 652, by [GPUT]Carsten

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
swaaye wrote:

I managed to find the Bonnie & Clyde photo again. It's in the first post. That photo was shot by [GPUT]Carsten.

Thriller Conspiracy. What a curiosity that was. If only someone had a prototype.

Oh the good old days where companies did actually try stuff that was hard to market. [gently weeps]
I too would love some Thriller Conspiracy show up somewhere... Maybe one day...

Reply 299 of 652, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently I got a QDI Legend V2200 8MB AGP. Since I'm doing some DOS benches I tried with 3DBench and Quake 1.

Results on KT133A, Duron 1200MHz are pretty low. 3DBench score is only 37 and Q1 only 47 in VGA mode. VSpeed is decent around 65M VGA and 66M LFB, so I don't know where is the problem. Even DIR command is scrolling quite slowly - I think 386DX with ET4000 scrolls faster.

😐

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs