VOGONS

First post, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Wikipedia article "List of MT-32-compatible computer games" has been nominated for deletion.

The reasons include lack of "indication of why it might be notable" (doubtful) and "Seems to be entirely original research" (certainly true). I assume that the consensus will be "delete", so to preserve this valuable information, I propose moving it to the Vogons wiki.

I would do it myself, but don't have an account there, and do not want to go through the process of creating one, in particular due to the "real name" disclosure requirement.

Reply 1 of 5, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ugh, this is why I hate Wikipedia sometimes. Deletionists seem bent on eliminating perfectly usable information. I get the fact they want everything to be sourced, but it seems a better option would be to work on sourcing the information rather than wholesale deletion.

At any rate, I just saved that page to HTML as I find it quite useful.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 2 of 5, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, we had to do the same for the "List of games with EAX support" which got deleted a while ago. It now happily resides on this page of the Vogons wiki.

I can look into the MT-32 page, but I don't have a Wikipedia account, so I'm not sure if I can easily copy/paste the content. Maybe someone who has accounts on both wikis can do it?

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 3 of 5, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've copied it over but it requires further work to update the links and templates.
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_ … _computer_games

I will look into upgrading the vogonswiki in future as maybe some of the newer versions will handle it better.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 5 of 5, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, if I understand correctly, "FreeMediaKid!" was working on a list of games with Gravis UltraSound support (having been inspired by the list of MT-32 compatible games), questioned the notability of his own article, and subsequently decided to nominate the MT-32 list article for deletion.

Is this how people think nowadays? It's bizarre.