VOGONS

First post, by Shuman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

I trust some good soul owning CT4500 will be able to help me.
I’ve recently purchased a bundle of old components from eBay with AWE64 among them. Unfortunately after closer inspection, noticed it had a resistor missing, Google image search doesn’t have one in resolution high enough for me to read the value, so I hope someone possessing the same model could take a close up picture and help me out 😀 I’m missing R73 resistor as per pictures.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 11, by Shuman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote on 2020-01-29, 12:09:

I can check when I'm home... but I'm sure someone else will be quicker ^^

Thank you, much appreciated 😀

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-01-30, 07:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 11, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

here, have a super janky phone shot of my camera screen... because I was too lazy to put a card in my camera and my phone can't go this close ^^

CT4500_R73.jpg
Filename
CT4500_R73.jpg
File size
136.59 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

18C should be 15kOhm

Reply 4 of 11, by Shuman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote on 2020-01-29, 17:46:

here, have a super janky phone shot of my camera screen... because I was too lazy to put a card in my camera and my phone can't go this close ^^

18C should be 15kOhm

Thank you so much, you're a savior 😀

Reply 5 of 11, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just realized, that my card looks ever so slightly different, on yours you can see two more resistors to the left of R73 that appear to not be present on mine at all.

maybe the revision of your card doesn't even need R73?

Reply 6 of 11, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The other resistors definitely were never there, you can see the pads are bulging up with solder as it cured when it left the reflow oven, but that one this thread is interested in had clean pads that looked like they got cleaned off sort of suggested it was removed on purpose by someone.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 7 of 11, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiido wrote on 2020-01-30, 03:17:

The other resistors definitely were never there, you can see the pads are bulging up with solder as it cured when it left the reflow oven, but that one this thread is interested in had clean pads that looked like they got cleaned off sort of suggested it was removed on purpose by someone.

At first I thought so too but on the picture showing the whole card it looks much more empty solder spots with factory solder blobs on them. I think the lighting in the closeup may be tricking our eyes. Maybe another picture from more of an angle would sort this out?

Reply 8 of 11, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I guess another photo at a different angle wouldn't hurt.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 9 of 11, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

those pads on R73 do kind of look cleaned up yes, but I meant the two resistors to the left of R73, below R63... they are not present on my CT4500 at all where it says U16 (the U is cut off), no pads either.

Reply 10 of 11, by Shuman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2020-01-30, 03:17:

Sorry for late response, for some reason, don't get notifications about reply in the topic.
Resistor was there originally, pads are clean now as I took a picture after I have removed remaining solder prepping the pcb for a new resistor.

Reply 11 of 11, by Shuman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote on 2020-01-30, 13:20:

those pads on R73 do kind of look cleaned up yes, but I meant the two resistors to the left of R73, below R63... they are not present on my CT4500 at all where it says U16 (the U is cut off), no pads either.

Indeed seems to be slightly different, the U16 is on top of my card not left from the R73 like on yours, but R63 has same value as yours, so will solder 15K resistor in and see if card works.
Many thanks for your help.