VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am a big fan of the first Bioshock game, and it's sequel, Bioshock 2 (B2 is one of my favourite ever games, and by far my favourite Bioshock game), but I've only ever played them with my choosing all of the good (good as opposed to evil) morality options , so I am wondering what changes I would find if I played them while choosing the evil options?

In the first game, I always save all of the littler sisters, and I know that your good/evil choices obviously change the ending cutscene (I've watched all three different cutscenes on Youtube), and no doubt effect whether or not Tenenbaum sends the littler sisters' teddy bear rewards. I'd also imagine that Tenenbaum's spoken messages to you will change, according to how you treat the little sisters. And I know that you get more Adam if you kill the little sisters, though this is negated to a large degree by the teddy bear gifts.

And in Bioshock 2, I always save the little Sisters, and don't kill Grace, Stanley, Alex the Great, or any of the neutral prisoners in Inner Persephone. And I know that, depending on your actions, the ending cutscene changes, showing how Eleanor's attitude to morality changes (I've watched all six end cutscenes on Youtub), and I have heard that her attitude and treatment of the little sisters changes, as she kills or saves them, as you did.

And the three statues showing your (Subject Delta's) treatment of Grace, Stanley, and Alex the Great presumably would change too?

And when you save Grace, she sends some flying turrets (bots) to help you, and sends you some supplies in Siren Alley. Obviously, these two events wouldn't happen if you had killed her, but are there more consequences for killing her, such as someone coming after you for revenge?

And when you play as a good character, then the little sisters feel safe with you (at least once you've killed their Big Daddy), do they show fear of you if you've killed other little sisters?

Does the attitude of Sinclair or anyone else change towards you, if you play as an evil character? Do different in-game events occur, depending on your actions? Of course you won't get the teddy bear rewards from the little sisters, but do you get any sort of rewards (other than the extra Adam) if you harvest the little sisters? Do extra Big Sisters come after you if you kill the little sisters?

Reply 1 of 2, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've only done a single playthrough of both games and have taken the good path, so I can't speak from personal experience.

However, you can read about the different endings on the BioShock wiki. For example, this page lists all the possible endings of BioShock 2.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 2 of 2, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2023-11-12, 16:58:

I've only done a single playthrough of both games and have taken the good path, so I can't speak from personal experience.

However, you can read about the different endings on the BioShock wiki. For example, this page lists all the possible endings of BioShock 2.

That's an interesting link, thanks. But strangely, despite that website listing just about everything else about the games (it's *very* comprehensive, isn't it?), it doesn't seem to have a page about the changes to the game that occur when the player commits a moral or an immoral act.

I can't find such a list anywhere, via google, either. Which seems strange, given the sheer amount of information, guides, and online discussions about the two games.