VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it me or today's virtual drive tools have flaky support for multisession cuesheets?

Today I made a bin+cue image of a multisession disc (session 1: 3 audio tracks, session 2: 1 data track), I used good ol' Imgburn. All went ok but when I mount the image, weird things happened. Daemon tools lite mounts it as cdaudio with 3 audio tracks, Virtual clonedrive refuses to mount it, Gburner virtual drive mounts it as cdaudio with 4 audio tracks (the last one is the data track)...

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 1 of 4, by opieant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think you'd find that the list of problems goes on and on if you try other virtual drive software. I ran into this same issue quite a few years ago when making and testing images of a lot of old CDs.

I contacted at least a couple of developers, pretty sure gBurner was on that list, but it never seemed to get anywhere. I started looking at modifying the open-source WinCDEmu software to get it working but lost interest at the time and haven't revisited it. I definitely contacted the developers of MagicISO/MagicDisc about the feature and the possibility of the source code being released since the project was clearly abandoned, but they never responded and their site is gone now.

Of course, the images can be opened in IsoBuster, but that's not the same.

There may have been something that worked for Linux, but it has been too many years, I've forgotten, sorry.

Reply 3 of 4, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, I don't use Linux.

Funfact: clonecd refuses to make cuesheet when dealing with multisession cdroms.

I fixed (sorta) the problem by using ccd or mdf/mds formats. Well...at least now Daemon Lite opens the disc correctly.

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 4 of 4, by opieant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Myloch wrote on 2023-06-12, 22:54:

I fixed (sorta) the problem by using ccd or mdf/mds formats. Well...at least now Daemon Lite opens the disc correctly.

Yes, there's some support out there for proprietary image formats. ImgDrive is another option since it supports .ccd, .mds, and .nrg. I'm glad that kind of solution works for you. Still doesn't help anyone unable or unwilling to make new, proprietary images, but it's something.