VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Man, the time's really gone by. I was 13 when I registered back in 2004, and I'll be 29 later this year. I remember the good old days, back when the simple, but entertaining interface with the long URL address with the word "zetafleet" being the norm on this website. Back then, I actually rebuilt a Pentium 233 mhz to run DOS games, and while it was cool to do all of that back then, since running DosBox on somewhat newer computers at the time like my Celeron 2.4 Ghz didn't really cut it, I went through all the trouble with the real software and partitioning to get the games running. Now, this is no longer the case, since computers now are more than capable enough to handle virtually any DOS game on DosBox, especially given all the optimal upgrades it had overtime. GOG also helps with the amazing assistance of already including DosBox on legacy titles, and you gotta do is set up the aspect ratio, and speed settings. Also love that you can get virtually any legacy sound module like the SC-55 emulated very closely with the right soundfont. Also really nice to make shortcuts that just takes you right to the game. Amazing how technology has changed in the past 15 years since I registered here, let alone 26 years ago when Doom was cutting-edge.