VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 80 of 88, by falloutboy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm watching 720p60 videos on my netbook (amd brazos E-450 1.65 GHz),
which is as fast as an Athlon64 dual core.
I use "SVPtube", it runs YouTube and Vimeo videos, in Media Player Classic Home Cinema.
You don't need any special browser and it needs alot less CPU-time.
Just copy the video link address and it opens the video in your video player (MPC-HC ; Daum PotPlayer).

I reduced the fullscreen resolution in my video player, to 1280x720, which reduced the GPU load significantly (compared to 1200p on external screen).
This makes it possible to watch 720p60 videos on this slow system.

If you have alot of CPU power and like to watch all videos in your desired framerate, you can use
SmoothVideo Project (SVP). It works together with SVPtube.

http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Download

SVPtube http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVPtube
SmoothVideo Project (SVP) http://www.svp-team.com/
Media Player Classic Home Cinema https://mpc-hc.org/

Last edited by falloutboy on 2015-04-28, 17:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 81 of 88, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Well, I just noticed that Youtube have converted all my movies to 60 FPS (the format they were recorded and uploaded in).

The bad news is that this failed on two videos, namely Wipeout and Mechwarrior 2 so they are not available in HD anymore. Anyone have any experience contacting Youtube to fix stuff like this?

Videos available in HD again. Guess Youtube fixed it 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 82 of 88, by Living

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
falloutboy wrote:

I'm watching 720p60 videos on my netbook (amd brazos E-450 1.65 GHz),
which is as fast as an Athlon64 dual core.

071519605fb71bcbb02e69dfae6bc1effcc1ebdabf19f7977afe2fe867848161.jpg

Reply 83 of 88, by falloutboy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm watching youtube videos inside Media Player Classic Home Cinema (livestream, not downloaded).
No flash bloatware. Only pure mp4 file, which is an easy task for a PC with a video accelerating GPU.

Reply 84 of 88, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
falloutboy wrote:

No flash bloatware. Only pure mp4 file, which is an easy task for a PC with a video accelerating GPU.

It all depends on the codec, frame size, frame rate and bitrate used, rather than the container format.

Oh and also depends on the video drivers, video card, and the usual suspects.

Reply 85 of 88, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a heads up... Chromium performance with HTML5 has increased considerably... This is with the latest 64-bit build. Still a little microstuttering, but that could just be my Radeon 7700. The Youtube "Stats for nerds" shows 0fps dropped.

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png

Reply 86 of 88, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Opera 12.14 for WinXP is quite something. Perfectly smooth HTML5 video playback even on legacy hardware.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 87 of 88, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Lo Wang wrote:

Opera 12.14 for WinXP is quite something. Perfectly smooth HTML5 video playback even on legacy hardware.

Interesting... I'll definitely have to experiment with this to see how they accomplish this. Firefox and Chrome do not support 2D acceleration in XP, well at least not out of the box. You can hack 2D acceleration in Chromium by hex editing a certain DLL, but only up to a certain version (And only with the 32-bit build):

cha.png
Filename
cha.png
File size
2.43 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png

Reply 88 of 88, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't use it to watch videos (hell, my internet can barely handle 480p...), but I do upload in 720p60fps. From what I can see when viewing the files locally, and from the one video I tried to watch with it, 60FPS videos look freaking great.

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U