VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Great!!! Sorry for being no help the last week, but I was in moscow and am only really returning tomorrow back home 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 42 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Generally looks ok, but I guess I need more time to get used to this new look.

For now, here are my initial findings :

1. The Quick Reply Box is missing, which would be more convenient. EDIT: QBix added Quick Reply Button at the bottom mid of the last post. - Thanks!

2. Previously, the icons on the left of the threads on the main subsection, when clicked on, directly takes to the last post. This function is still preserved now by clicking the tiny icon beside the latest poster's name on the right hand side, but I wonder if the former function can be returned i.e. clicking on the icon on the left of the thread? Or I just need to get used to this. Just that the former icon function was quite unique to Vogons.

3. And yes, there seems to be to much of empty spaces around ....things....white spaces? I guess the formatting will take time, and may be more difficult to match with the former compactness?

4. And the disclaimer at the bottom says : "zetafleet.dom will not be held responsible..."

5. When I'm previewing my typing, the "Preview:...." header fonts are extremely light (almost transparent) that I needed to use the mouse to drag to read what is written there. Or maybe it's with my LCD screen? Or maybe it's intended to be that way?

For now these are the ones that I can see. Will report further if I come across any other issues.

Last edited by Malik on 2013-07-02, 16:35. Edited 2 times in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 44 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The url rewriting and internal rewriting of the posts, was kind of a challenge.

I'll first collect suggestions and then do a style update once I fix the issues.

edit:

I have enabled quick reply (press the button).

Increased zeus suggested padding to 2px

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 46 of 325, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good work!

Some parts do look a bit too busy while others are kind of sparse... could probably get used to it though. Will try to mess around a bit with the stylesheet later.
Oh, and the "zetafleet.dom" thing appears twice in the footer.

EDIT: new avatar size in the profile editor is 100x100, though the older (larger) avatars have been preserved it seems.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 47 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Malik: I brought up the icon click thing to get to the last post but apparently the board does not do that easily.

Another thing I noticed on my iphone:
Can you shorten the reply mail? Or add the url the new post higher up in the mail, so you don't have to scroll down on the phone to see it?

And can you add the "newest posts/unviewed/unreplied" header to all pages? For example above this page, so you don't have to first get to the main view to see that.

Last edited by Dominus on 2013-07-02, 17:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 48 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Webpage loading is good, just like the old site. Hopefully those using old PCs can chime in their experiences. My vintage and older PCs are not connected to the net.

EDIT : Thanks for the info, Dominus.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 50 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

I'll first collect suggestions and then do a style update once I fix the issues.

I can leave the style test board up for a little longer if you want to use it to experiment with the refinements before applying them to the real board.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 51 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
collector wrote:
Qbix wrote:

I can leave the style test board up for a little longer if you want to use it to experiment with the refinements before applying them to the real board.

yes please.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 53 of 325, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would really love to redraw all the buttons considering the opinion of every interested Vogons member.

I want this place to feel like home again! 😀

What I need is the list of icons and their desirable sizes... Or the access to some test board 😀

Reply 54 of 325, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Two things I've noticed:

Links to direct posts are: Re: List of 3D accelerated games that make direct hardware calls, while the old links say Re: List of 3D accelerated games that make direct hardware calls. The old links are missing a p after the #. Is it possible to fix? Now you are just sent to the first post in the thread, not directly to the post.

Links to uploaded attachments do not work. For instance: download.php?id=10662 Correct link: download/file.php?id=10662. File id is the same, but the link should say something else.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 57 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow! I missed this thread, so it was quite a surprise.

Thanks guys for the hard work to keep VOGONS going strong.

Edit: Have to agree with the sentiment that there is a lot of whitespace in the new look. It seems usable though.

Reply 58 of 325, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How about these buttons?
They sort of keep the old style, but fit with the current sizes. Not sure if/which others are needed...

Attachments

• vogonsbuttons copy.png
    Filename
    vogonsbuttons copy.png
    File size
    15.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]