Reply 20 of 36, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:
Malik wrote:
RacoonRider wrote:

...."H", "U", "I" or "A" meet together. The combination of first three is a very offensive word....

Fortunately, Chinese is a tonal language. Even if you say the words constructed from the same set of alphabets with the same arrangement, if the tone is different, it gives an entirely different meaning.

I totally undestand that, but would you like to wear, say, sandals with a word "penis" all over them? 😀

(male) underwear paired up with that on the backside would be worse though 🤣

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 21 of 36, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some Spanish words are really funny for a Russian. Say, 'huevo' is understood as 'fucked up', 'huesos' - cocksucker, 'traje negro' - 'fucked by a black man'.

But even more funny for us are other Slavic languages.

What Czech say / What Russian hear

Fresh groceries / Stale poison
Attention! Police is warning! / Disgrace! Police is stealing!
Fried eggs / Balls pulled over eyes
Ambulance / Shitty service

Reply 22 of 36, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bristlehog wrote:
Some Spanish words are really funny for a Russian. Say, 'huevo' is understood as 'fucked up', 'huesos' - cocksucker, 'traje negr […]
Show full quote

Some Spanish words are really funny for a Russian. Say, 'huevo' is understood as 'fucked up', 'huesos' - cocksucker, 'traje negro' - 'fucked by a black man'.

But even more funny for us are other Slavic languages.

What Czech say / What Russian hear

Fresh groceries / Stale poison
Attention! Police is warning! / Disgrace! Police is stealing!
Fried eggs / Balls pulled over eyes
Ambulance / Shitty service

This reminds me of the movie Airplane where the two black dudes are talking to flight attendant in Jive and they have white man sub-titles 😁

Jive / White Man

Shit / Golly

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 23 of 36, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:

Almost everyone would have heard the term "Sunni Muslim" which refers to a sect of Islam. The word "Sunni" - if pronounced as 's-oo-nn-ee' is actually a "bad word" or a "vulgar" slang for penis in the language of Tamil (of South India). For the Tamil Muslims, the word "Sunni" will put them in a "fix" whenever they are referred to as such.

Thanks for the heads-up, I better stay out of South India then.. "Hi, my name is Penis". It's bad enough that my name almost spells "anus" when read backwards.

There's a Brazilian transport company called "lausitur"

http://lausitur.atspace.com/

"tur" from "turismo" I guess. But I don't want to go if it's lousy..

This one is kind of a lingual cross-over, the "Bate Pik":
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2CBSPfC_bIc/UHYzFg9 … 1600/batep1.jpg

In Brazilian Portuguese, "Bater Pau" means to masturbate (literally, "beat wood"). Now, the "Pik" in the name of this thing is from the word "Picar" which means to slice or cut into little pieces. But "pik" means cock in Danish.

Which is also why Pokemon never gained a huge following in Denmark - Pikachu sounds too much like "cocksneeze".

Also, cock sandwich: http://www.pikapita.com/

In Denmark it's common to see companies and organizations named "Dan-something" (Denmark is spelled "Danmark" in Danish) like "Dansukker" (sugar) and so on. In Brazil (Brazil is spelled "Brasil" in pt-br) they do the same thing, there's a gas company called SuperGasBras, a telecommunications outfit called IntelBras etc.
In Danish, "Bras" means cheap, badly made, as in breaks-when-you-touch-it bad. Honest advertising.

There's a whole line of biscuits called "Flay", which never fail to freak me out.

A classic back in Denmark is the Coldplay song "Yellow", when he sings something like "oh yeah you're skin and bones" it sounds like he says (in Danish) "I shat a homeless man". A Danish music journalist reveals this to the band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBvou7NEyI "you ruined it forever" *lol*

Reply 24 of 36, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sune Salminen wrote:

.....But "pik" means cock in Danish.

Which is also why Pokemon never gained a huge following in Denmark - Pikachu sounds too much like "cocksneeze".

Also, cock sandwich: http://www.pikapita.com/

cocksneeze and cock sandwich? Now, that's too much to bear..... ( I think I need a body corset to hold my ribs together now.) 🤣

Sune Salminen wrote:

A classic back in Denmark is the Coldplay song "Yellow", when he sings something like "oh yeah you're skin and bones" it sounds like he says (in Danish) "I shat a homeless man". A Danish music journalist reveals this to the band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBvou7NEyI "you ruined it forever" *Laughing Out Loud*

🤣

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 25 of 36, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Russian speakers here will no doubt appreciate Hassan Nasrallah's last name.

(it's Russian for "she took a dump" - a likely conjecture, if referring to the way his mother conceived him.) 😀

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 26 of 36, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We have a small village here called Sexbierum. Which sounds like it's composed of the words Sex, Beer and Rum. Needless to say, the street signs are quite a popular souvenir.

And there's the Pikmeer (cock lake in Dutch)...

Reply 27 of 36, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Arabic words are often inherently offensively sounding for a Russian. One says 'the most beautiful country', other hears 'fuck you like the whore you are!'

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 29 of 36, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since Sune Salminen, mentioned the Danish language. I have a feeling, he is of Danish, Finnish and Swedish descent(your name Sune and your Surname). Cause Pikachu is not pronounced pik atju (the Danish "sound" for sneeze is atju). We pronounce it as the English way. Guys, that is why I do NOT teach people bad words in Danish. I would rather teach them "good" words or sentences. Like: Du er Smuk, or : Jeg elsker dig. The first sentence means , you are beautiful, and the other sentence is a lovely sentence. Cause it means I love you 😀 So all other people, please do NOT teach more bad Danish words. There are words, that are better than pik. Even though I have and I still use "bad" words. Which that there none off, since Georg Carlin mentioned in one of his shows, that in fact there are no bad words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8

Danmark comes from the tribe of Danes. And mark is an old way of saying land, in both Danish , Norwegian and Swedish. So Danmark means The Land Of The Danes, and even to this day . If you understand Swedish like me, or you have a "crazy" idea of putting on Swedish subtitles on your films. Then you will some times see the word "land" being translated in to mark in Swedish . And there is a reason, why the Swedes teases the Scanians, (Skåninga ). And calls them for "half Danes", the reason is that the Scanians are of the tribe of Danes too. But if we take the history between Denmark and Sweden. Then in fact it is actually the Danish king Christian the second (also known as Christian Tyran/Christian The Tyrant). And he was the man behind the Stockholm Bloodbath( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Bloodbath ), which in return was the starter of so MANY wars Sweden and Denmark have had over the centuries. But in retrospect. Then Sweden and Denmark should hate each other to this day. But personally I do not hate Sweden at all. And thank goodness this is not reddit. Since then this post would be down-voted by angry people who did not have the audacity to realise I was just telling the truth. About my own country's faults. But if the Swedes, here on vogons, which they do not do 😀 were mean towards the Scanian people, and or their dialectal language. Then I have a saying to those, "Sweden doesn't want us , Denmark can't have us that is why we are Scanians". Scandinavia we are brothers, we conquered lands and countries when we were Vikings. We "discovered" America before Columbus, we were Coptic Christians, before Harald Bluetooth made "Denmark" Christian (Sweden and Norway were "Denmark" too back then). So peace to my brethren 😀

But since we are in the classics of things, to the Swedes. Brad Pit is also famous, cause pit in Swedish... go figure.

Reply 31 of 36, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

we were Coptic Christians

are you sure?

Yes. But of course did they worship the Norse gods before that.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2013-05-05, 16:36. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 32 of 36, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A friend of a friend of mine went to Italy and was supposed to meet his friends in a bar called "The Black Cat". While he was searching for it and asking around, he could only remember the German word for a cat - Die Katze. Unfortunately for him a "cazzo nero" is not a black cat and has a completely different meaning in Italian 😁

As for Slavic languages, the Czech have a lot of things reversed for some reason 😀. It's sometimes very funny to hear how they are "fouk-ing" an inflatable pool mattress (or something like that - "foukati" [Czech] = "to blow"), while at the same time me mentioning the same thing in Slovene would sound like I want to fuck the mattress (Czech, "peehat", the act of fucking) to a Czech speaking person 😀

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 34 of 36, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In the movie Anchorman with Will Ferrel there was one part where they went into a Mexican restaurant named "Escupimos En Su Alimento"

You wouldn't have caught the joke unless you understand Spanish - that translates to "We Spit In Your Food"

Reply 35 of 36, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Right... Some of the last comments really crack me up. The Black Cat - Die Schwartze katze - proper italian translation would be Il gatto nero. Cazzo nero? Would that be a gay bar or bordello? It literally means "black penis".
As for "Escupimos En Su Alimento", who would want to eat in a restaurant named like this? People who do not understand spanish, I guess.
"I want an extra portion of spit, por favor".

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)

Reply 36 of 36, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6649076881_186e94fe4e_z.jpg […]
Show full quote

6649076881_186e94fe4e_z.jpg

I actuall looked up at Wikipedia and here are some sentences directly taken from there : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

Fucking (German pronunciation: [ˈfʊkɪŋ], rhymes with "booking"[2]) is an Austrian village[3] in the municipality of Tarsdorf,[4] in the Innviertel region of western Upper Austria. The village is 33 kilometres (21 mi) north of Salzburg, 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) east of the German border.

British and American soldiers based in nearby Salzburg noticed the name after World War II, and began to travel to the village to have their photos taken beside the signs while striking various poses.

The local residents, the Fuckingers, were considerably bemused as they had not previously been aware of the meaning of their village's name when read as English.

"The Germans all want to see Mozart's house in Salzburg; the Americans want to see where The Sound of Music was filmed; the Japanese want Hitler's birthplace in Braunau; but for the British, it's all about Fucking."

Tarsdorf municipality's mayor Siegfried Höppl stated that it was decided to keep the name as it had existed for 800 years, and further stated that "everyone here knows what it means in English, but for us Fucking is Fucking—and it's going to stay Fucking."

Regarding the thefts of the signs :

...Höppl said that "tourists, and the money they bring to the area, were welcome, but locals were sick of replacing the Fucking signs."

...Kommandant Schmitzberger, the local police chief, also hinted at other avenues to stop what he calls "foreign criminals" from disturbing order in the village. Regarding these "other avenues", Schmitzberger stated, "[w]hat they are, I am not at liberty to disclose, but we will not stand for the Fucking signs being removed. It may be very amusing for you British, but Fucking is simply Fucking to us. What is this big Fucking joke? It is puerile.

A resident of the village, Josef Winkler, attempted to cash in on the village's fame by setting up a website (www.fucking.at), on which he sold T-shirts featuring the village road signs, with the slogan "I like Fucking in Austria" printed on them.

In 2009, the European Union's OHIM trademarks agency forbade a German brewery from marketing a beer called "Fucking Hell". It appealed, and was granted permission in January 2010 to market the beer.[20] It claims the beer is named after the Austrian village Fucking and the German term for pale lager, Hell.

Oh man, that's too much of Fucking for me.

After reading the article, I actually started feeling sorry for the villagers.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers