Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello!

11954t0.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh1MQ0yT94Q

this game has been puzzling me for years... 😜 why? Because I can find NOWHERE the DOS version of it for my collection. There are a couple of ~3mb demos floating but nothing else. Everywhere I have found it for sale is the 1996 windows version.

According to the developer 's bio page:
In Winter 1995, Phantagram released [Zyclunt] (MS-DOS version) through Miwon Information Systems.
In 1996, [Zyclunt] for Windows 95 ([Blade Warrior] in Japan) made Phantagram the first Korean game developer to export a video game, and it was received very well by Korean and Japanese gamers.

Anyone here ever had this 1995 DOS version? I even tried contacting Phantagram directly but their email-sending page is broken (ofcourse what did you expect 😵 ) , and "Miwon Information Systems" has only 1 google result pointing at......... phantagram's bio page! 😖

to be clear: I am not asking a place to download it for free or pirate it , I am asking if anyone has seen such a full version at some point or the 1995 release was just ~100 printed copies sold in Korea from some shareware distributor (miwon?) and got lost in time along with them...
It would be a shame since the game is just awesome.... 😢

If you have any info or found another way to contact the developer I would welcome it gladly!
thanks! 😊

edit: I did try the Korean contact page and send an email, I hope it went to the right department and get a response ...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 10, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome sound track and effects from the youtube video, feels similar to Ninja Gaiden. Good graphics, platforming looks like it could use a bit of work.

There is no mobygames page for this game, could someone who owns a copy put one up?

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 2 of 10, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Damn that sucks. I've been looking for a boxed copy of Dink Smallwood (these were apparently VERY few, the game became freeware afterwards) for years now and had the same luck as you. Null.
Looks like an awesome game though!

Reply 4 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

🤣

I have already seen this my friend, I even asked the seller if he can verify this is a DOS only software but nothing yet.... 99% chance this is the win9x version because it is called "Blade Warrior"... the DOS version was just called Zyclunt and this listing is just a generic one selling lose cd's... 🙁

"For DOS/Windows (via DOSBox) [*Please review compatibility/platform sections]
ITEM IS: USED - CD IN SLEEVE"

the seller know it's an old game and cannot bother more with it, he just states win/dosbox and get's over it... not even a pic of the actual item , and yet he wands ~22$ for it... bah

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mr. Derboo over at http://www.hardcoregaming101.net is knowledgeable about such things. He wrote this a while ago:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/part2/ … -phantagram.htm

To take a wild guess, the DOS version was Korean-only. Maybe you should search for 지클런트 instead?

Reply 6 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah Jorpho I have seen the site you mention... I have searched some Korean sites to the extend online translators allow it... in this game btw korean/eng makes no difference but I suspect it's not korean only, because the demos have extensive English docs and surprisingly they are very well written ...

The eBay fellow replied he is selling a DOS version of the game 😮

edit: had a follow-up reply, this game is the windows version... so back to zero 😢

Reply 8 of 10, by derboo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

in this game btw korean/eng makes no difference but I suspect it's not korean only, because the demos have extensive English docs and surprisingly they are very well written ...

That doesn't mean anything, there are several demos for Korean games in English that were never released in English-speaking countries. The docs could even have been written by the people who distributed the demos on the English speaking web.

Reply 9 of 10, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

there's also warez scenes that do some translating at the same time. displacing the original very much. Remember "Street Fighter II Fatal Edition"? Good luck tracking down the original korean version of that one.

some even make up new titles, like V.G. Variable Geo, becoming "Virgin Girls"

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 10, by hej

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am sorry for the necro-bump and off-topic but this seems to be a quite obscure game. Did anybody here every finish it? I always get stuck at level 7 and it's quite frustrating because there is no save feature.