Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

10x0927biy2rtefdvbnd4.jpg

10x0927biy2rtefdvbnd.jpg

HD6750 looks to be about the same speed as an HD5850 and the HD6770 is coming near HD5870 and power consumption is much lower. If HD6700 pricing is the same as HD5700 pricing, nVidia is toast.

Last edited by sliderider on 2010-10-01, 15:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 15, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OMG more Radeons

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 9 of 15, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OMG meaningless numbers.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 11 of 15, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

for all I care , ATI can burn in hell 😜

Remember it's just AMD now that they've ditched the famous (or infamous) ATI name 😒

It's about time some other company came along and destroyed both Nvidia and ATI in the gaming market! I would welcome both S3 and Matrox back to the gaming arena for a second chance 😁.. Hell i think even Intel could deliver some serious muscle in the gamng GPU market if they wanted too 😎

Reply 12 of 15, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PowerPie5000 wrote:
keropi wrote:

for all I care , ATI can burn in hell 😜

Remember it's just AMD now that they've ditched the famous (or infamous) ATI name 😒

It's about time some other company came along and destroyed both Nvidia and ATI in the gaming market! I would welcome both S3 and Matrox back to the gaming arena for a second chance 😁..

Anyone remember 2004? There was a company named XGI that launched a product named Volari Duo. Too bad it failed to topple either nVidia or ATI.

PowerPie5000 wrote:

Hell i think even Intel could deliver some serious muscle in the gamng GPU market if they wanted too 😎

😳 Over my dead body.

Reply 13 of 15, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Anyone remember 2004? There was a company named XGI that launched a product named Volari Duo. Too bad it failed to topple either nVidia or ATI.

I know someone who has the V8 Ultra edition of that card in his old emulation rig.... It's got 256mb of memory but it's still not that great (slow compared to other cards at the time).

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
PowerPie5000 wrote:

Hell i think even Intel could deliver some serious muscle in the gamng GPU market if they wanted too 😎

😳 Over my dead body.

They can do it with their CPU's so i think they could do the same with GPU's if they put more resources and effort into it. I can't remember the last time Intel tried to create a graphics card geared towards the gaming market? Was it the mediocre i740?

Reply 15 of 15, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If Intel wanted to build gaming GPUs they could probably do it exceptionally well with their manufacturing and R&D capabilities. They could also just buy NVIDIA without flinching, I imagine.

I don't think they really care about game stuff and that's why they haven't bothered to go beyond their IGPs. I've also read that having a third player in an industry like the modern GPU market is not economically great. Two players is ideal or some such.

But do realize that their IGPs are the most popular graphics solutions out there. They get the job done very well for most people.