VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This has been bugging me and I can't find an answer. I have a Logitech mouse (not sure of the model) and the scroll wheel is a button obviously, but there are also two arrows on either side pointing left and right and you can click the scroll wheel left and right as well as pressing down. But when I click the scroll-wheel left and right "buttons" nothing happens. I thought it'd be for like browsing or something...quick back and forward buttons. Then I read that it's possible to do horizontal scrolling with a scroll button. But it doesn't work for either and all you need to do to scroll horizontal is just hold down the scroll button and drag.

So please somebody tell me if you can. What is the point of these "buttons"?

EDIT: Actually I think I found it. It's this one.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 2 of 6, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did that. There are no customization options anywhere. The model number is M-BZ96C.

My Github

Reply 3 of 6, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My Logitech G5 laser mouse allows the scroll wheel to be pushed left and right - in many cases it just emulates the left and right arrow keys, but only if the Logitech SetPoint software is installed and resident.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 4 of 6, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SetPoint. That's what I have installed and running. Oh well.

My Github

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

For me the left/right scroll works horizontally in most apps (I say most because I can't remember if it didn't work in any) in both OS X and Windows...
That said it works, when there is a horizontal scroll bar 😀

Reply 6 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It requires the program to accept and act upon that input. Open a massive picture in your web browser so you have a horizontal scrollbar and try tilting the mouse left or right.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website