VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've noticed that a connection problem occurs many times like when I try to update my DirectX or Flash Player. The thing is I perpetually receive a connection refused or something along those lines.

This conflict also seems to be correlated with Internet Explorer as it can't display any pages no matter what link I type in. Alternatively, Mozilla Firefox is working correctly.

My point is that I'm trying to use a program called Flash Saver and it always announces that I have a 404 connection error. I looked through the IE FAQ and found out that the problem might be related to my IE Proxy failure.

Here's an image: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4622/networkix7.jpg

Is there any way to rectify this problem? It seems to be hampering the update process and other programs. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Reply 5 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I use two proxies linked together: one for removing banners/ads, etc and the other one for a better disk caching mechanism. No great problems so far.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 7 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey. It's true. It allows you to configure certain cache settings to suit your needs (even caching certaims items marked as non-cacheable and such). 😉

I am a long time Opera user.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)