VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by na4055

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm the current developer of the D'Bridge EMAIL System, a Fidonet and Internet EMAIL client/server package for MS-DOS. It was originally released in 1987.

D'Bridge was originally commercial software. You folks will be fascinated to know that many copies were purchased by the US Military and was used extensively in the Gulf War to help soldiers communicate with their families back home. There exists a CNN video showing D'Bridge in action.

It is now in retirement phase, obviously freeware now, and I release updates every so often, mostly to correct known bugs.

It is currently being used quite extensively in European countries where Internet connectivity is too expensive (some countries charge for LOCAL calls), and its been designed to allow file-attachments (file sharing)

Just letting everyone know that the latest release (2.64) has been tested perfectly with DOSBOX, for those of you who wish to run a DOS-based EMAIL network system..... or those of you curious to see a full-featured message/network server system run in less than 512k (half a meg!) of RAM. 😎

*Nick*

Reply 1 of 3, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey,

That's cool to know! The software is almost as old as me. :-p

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)