VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 50, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've now seen people who haven't realized the Sierra timing bugs are defeated in Dosbox using lower cycles.....which 8000 qualifies as. People cannot be this nearsighted, haven't they tried dosbox at all on their own? I mean come on.....

Reply 41 of 50, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thread with details on the collections:
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=16123

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 42 of 50, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogam … 7426736-3991907

Two of the compilations made it into the top 10 of amazon.com! 😁 King's Quest is actually selling more than Company of Heroes! I'd say thats an accomplishment. If it makes it above WoW then its time to celebrate.

If this isn't enough to convince publishers that adventure games are still worth it I don't know what is. Clearly its not that people dislike the genre, they just dislike the crap thats been released lately.

Reply 43 of 50, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

neat. all 4 can be found in the top 15 though 😀

I send the people of vugames an email. I'm curious for the response.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 44 of 50, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wh....WOW! 😁 They weren't when I last checked. It updates every hour (as listed) so thats damn interesting. This is a good sign.

As a born and raised sierra fanboy (KQ1 first pc game 😁 ) this puts a smile on my face.

EDIT - Sent Al Lowe another email, wonder what his thoughts on this are (and whether VU was telling the truth about the royalties)

Reply 45 of 50, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Al Lowe talks about the latest release of the Leisure Suit Larry Collection
http://allowe.com/Larry/collections.htm

A marketing person from VU Games told me that they did not include LSL7 because of a 5-second-long Easter egg that we included as a "reward" in case anyone scored all 1,000 points and found all 32 collectibles. Even though I told him it was easy to prevent it from ever appearing and even told him how to fix it, they were afraid that the ESRB would somehow find out that it was still in the compiled game files and give the entire collection an AO rating. (Or whatever rating the ESRB gives for 5 seconds of cartoon nudity seen by less than 0.001% of the people who play the game!). <sigh>

Awesome.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 46 of 50, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I might get the quest for glory compliation. The compliations definately work on a 500 mhz computer. I just start up dosbox and load the programs up manually. I use less cycles but i also use 10 frameskips. I feel the frameskip feature is the best feature on dosbox.