VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Domarius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Beleive it or not, I want this on my home made arcade cabinet, and so I need it to be as "hands off" as possible. The game menu is easy to navigate with the arrow keys etc., and those are mapped to the arcade panel's IPAC joystick interface, so that's not a problem. It's those darn setup questions that would require one to break out the keyboard and press number keys and Y/N etc. which isn't meant to be part of the design as it's for friends and family and children to use, plus if you have access to the keyboard you can get "behind the scenes" and ruin shit, it's only for me to configure the system.

I've actually figured out some of the command line options by pure experimentation and a bit of common sense, but I haven't gotten quite far enough;

They go like this, eg.

f15 /j

/j - skips joystick question and assumes Yes, asking you to calibrate
/nj - skips joystick question and assumes No, you'll be using the keyboard
/a - gives the error "bad audio driver argument"
/g - gives the error "bad graphics driver argument"
/d - no error is given but I expect it's the "detail level" and probably needs more information

I can't work out what to put after /a or /g. I've tried things like
/g v - this says "Bad argument - V", it doesn't like the space and no slash before the V.
/gv - this says "Bad graphics driver argument", clearly something should go after the G but without a space?

Similar errors for things like
/g -v
/g:v
/g-v
/g1 (I figure you could specify the number of the option presented to you in the setup questions)
/gvga
/g256

etc. etc. many many combinations of these for /g and also for /a with things like
/a adlib
/aa
/aadlib
/a1
etc.

I just can't crack it, and what's worse - nothing on the net. Lot's of detailed keyboard shortcut charts, but not a single piece of information on the command line options, its as if people don't know they exist!

Reply 1 of 1, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The information you seek would be in the game's documentation, if anywhere. There are currently several listings for the game on eBay, so it's not exactly rare or hard to find. If you bought the game in electronic form from GoG or Steam or the like then ask them for documentation. Good luck. Thread closed.

[Edit: reopened and moved to Milliways.]